A group chasing game based on selected "conditions".
- Group of children.
- Large space for running.
What to do:
- Choose a child to be Mr Crocodile.
- The rest of the children line up on the other side of the pretend “river”.
- They then begin to ask Mr Crocodile if they can cross the river (by saying a rhyme).
- HEY MR CROCODILE, CAN WE CROSS THE RIVER, TO SEE YOUR LOVELY DAUGHTER, FLOATING IN THE WATER, LIKE A CUP AND SAUCER.
- Mr Crocodile replies “yes” but with a condition:
- YES, IF YOU ARE WEARING RED! (or black, pink,blue,depending on what colour clothes the children are wearing etc).
- The child or children Mr Crocodile pick try and run across the other side of the "river" before being caught by Mr Crocodile.
- When a child is caught by Mr Crocodile it is their turn to be Mr Crocodile.
Hints and Tips:
- Instead of children running across the river children can do another action such as crawl, jump, hop etc.
- Great game for outdoor play!