A quick and simple ball game to play on a rainy day.
- Large lightweight towel or small tablecloth.
- Small colourful balls or one large plastic inflatable ball (beach ball).
What to do:
- Sit baby down on one side and you sit on the opposite side of baby.
- Give one end of the towel for your baby to hold while you hold the other.
- Put the small balls in the centre of the towel.
- First, begin rolling the balls in the towel, backwards and forwards towards you and the baby.
- Ask baby to hold tightly.
- Make a couple of sudden upward movements and watch the balls dance around the towel.
- Encourage baby to shake the towel slow and fast.
- Try not to drop any of the balls from the towel.
Hints and Tips:
- Don't worry if some balls bounce out, your baby will be happy to get them.
- Make sure to play this away from any fragile objects in your house.
- Add music to this activity. The beat of the music will give you the rhythm to move the balls around the towel. Fast music will make you shake fast, slow music will make you shake slow.