- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 150g butter, melted
- 395g sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 30g butter, extra
- 150g rich dark cooking chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine first five ingredients in bowl and mix well.
- Press into base of baking paper lined 18cm x 28cm lamington tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, golden syrup and extra butter in pan, bring to boil stirring.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring until a light brown colour and becomes caramel.
- Pour caramel over cooked base, return to oven, bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Spread cooking chocolate over caramel filling.
- Refrigerate to set before turning out.
- Cut into slices or squares to serve.
Hints and Tips:
- For chocolate topping over caramel, 60g of copha can also be added. Just melt along with chocolate pour over caramel and refrigerate.
- Oats for the base is optional. You can also try adding a biscuit base for added crunch. Just omit the rolled oats for your favourite biscuit. Break it into crumbs before adding it to the rest of the base ingredients.