Children will enjoy banging wooden spoons to watch the paint splatter to create works of art.
- Colourful paints
- Kitchen Sponges
- Wooden spoon or spatula
- Thick paper
What to do:
- Mix equal quantities of water and paint.
- Add each of the "water paints" into a cup.
- Cut the sponges into smaller rectangles, dip them into the water paint.
- Place the sponges onto the child's paper.
- Encourage the child to use a wooden spoon to hit the sponges. The paint will splatter out of them and erupt all over the paper.
Hints and Tips:
- Instead of wooden spoon, children can use a hammer/mallet.
- Try with cotton rounds instead of sponges.
- It's messy do this outside!