Create colourful soaked prints using a paper towel and watercolours.
- Paper towels
- Cotton buds
- Liquid watercolours
What to do:
- Put the newspaper below the paper towel.
- Dip a cotton bud into the watercolour paint and then press it onto the paper towel.
- Watch the watercolour soak into the paper towel as it absorbs and expands.
- Repeat the same process with each watercolour.
Hints and Tips:
- Add two dots of colours near each other to see what happens.
- Instead of watercolour add food colouring to the water.
- Try a paintbrush instead of cotton buds
- Experiment the same techniques with coffee filters, baby wipes etc.