This quick art is easy and enables children to create their own fireworks with chalk. Children can create their own fireworks designs and colours to make their own unique fireworks display.
- Black paper
- Chalk pastels
- Paper towels
What To Do:
- On black paper, add some fireworks lines in the shape of a burst. Put a larger firework in the middle and a few smaller ones around it, but young children can draw the fireworks as they like.
- Pick two to three pastel colours for each firework. On top of that will be a layer of white pastel. Consequently, each firework will have a total of three to four colours.
- Finish off the firework by drawing in a few lines of white pastel on top, following the firework burst pattern. You only need to draw in a few lines of white to add to the brightness of your firework.
Hints and Tips:
- For younger children, have the lines pre-drawn on black paper for children to trace over in chalk.
- Have children experiment by creating their own fireworks patterns.