Using recycled plastic bottles, these leaf lanterns are mess free and showcase the colours and shapes of different types of leaves around us.
- Plastic container or similar
- Contact paper
- LED tea lights
What To Do:
- Start by collecting a bunch of leaves.
- Cut the bottom of a plastic container.
- Cut the contact paper to fit around the plastic container that you previously cut.
- Peel the back off the contact paper and have children place leaves all over.
- Once the leaves have been stuck onto the contact paper, stick it onto the outside of the plastic container.
- Tap it down to ensure it sticks.
- Add the tealight inside the plastic container and watch the leaves glow.
Hints and Tips:
- When sticking leaves, leave space around each leaf in order for it to better stick onto the plastic container.
- Hang these around the room and light them up during rest time.
- These can also make gifts for families during special occasions.