Using straws, children can create splatter patterns while blowing liquid watercolours on paper. Fun and simple for all!
- Liquid watercolour paint
- Thick White Paper
What to do:
- Pour your liquid water colours into an art palette or paint cups.
- Use a paintbrush to add a small puddle of paint onto the paper.
- Place the straw about an inch away form the puddle. Use the straw to blow the paint blobs around in all directions.
- Try blowing down directly onto the puddle, blowing from the left and blowing from the right. See how many different shapes you can make with the watercolours.
- Repeat this step with each of the colours.
- Let the paint dry completely.
Hints and Tips:
- A number of different art can be made using this technique. Such as monsters by drawing eyes, arms and legs on the splatter once it dries. Draw a person and the splatter can be the hair as well.