- A ceramic flower pot (one for each child)
- White school glue
- Tissue paper in lots of different colours
- Small bowl
- Newspaper to cover work surface
What to do:
- Children can help by ripping up tissue paper in the colour of their choice or use a variety of different colours.
- Add some of white school glue to a small bowl.
- Using a paintbrush the child should spread glue on their flower pot.
- Add the pieces of torn up tissue paper onto the wet glue on the flower pot.
- Continue spreading glue and adding tissue paper until the entire flowerpot is covered in colourful pieces of paper.
- When the flower pot is complete, cover the entire flower pot in a layer of glue, over the tissue paper.
- Let it dry.
- Flower pot is complete!
Hints and Tips:
- Some tissue paper pieces may not stick, when applying the glue all over this will fix.
- Children can create their own design with the tissue paper.
- After it dries you can use clear acrylic sealer.
- Add soil, a seed and wrap in clear cellophane before gifting.
Tissue Paper Flower Pot, From ABC to ACTS