On Friday 28th February 2020, is school clean up day which also includes early childhood services. On this day, it is a great way for children to learn about the impact of rubbish within the environment.
It is also an opportunity for Educators to explore sustainability, recycling, and learning about nature. These topics can be incorporated into the curriculum from School Clean-Up day and continue it throughout the year.
Some experiences include:
- Introduce recycling bins in the service and encourage children to recycle.
- Use recyclable materials/items in craft activities.
- Exploring coral reefs and life in our oceans.
- Explore how plants grow from seeds.
- Investigate leaves in the backyard.
For more Educational Resources ideas: Cool Australia
Create a Clean Up event in your early childhood service, register your service and clean up Australia will send a free Clean-Up kit, including bags, gloved, information and promotional materials.
For more information: Clean Up Australia Day