Let's Count is online free professional development course for Educators to develop the mathematics skills of children in their care by noticing, exploring, and talking about mathematics in their daily lives.
In the Let's Count Online professional development you will be able to build on what you already know of children's mathematics learning.
- The use of play, discussion and investigation as its key pedagogical approach
- Promotes strong partnerships between early childhood educators and families
The professional development consists of 2 Modules separated by a Practical Application period. As part of the professional development, you will have access to a range of resources.
Module 1 (self-paced with 2 weeks to complete)
- Topic 1: Exploring mathematics
- Topic 2: Mathematics in games
- Topic 3: Mathematics in literature and music
- Topic 4: Engaging with parents and families
Practical Application (4 weeks to complete)
Between Modules 1 and 2 you will have the opportunity to put into practice the things that you have learnt from Module 1. In addition, you will be provided with access to helpful resources and templates.
Module 2 (self-paced with 2 weeks to complete)
- Topic 1: Working with Parents
- Topic 2: Planning
To register: Let's Count