Search found 1203 matches

by fchaudari76
Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:58 pm
Forum: Certificate 3 in Children’s Services - Assignments Support (CLOSED)
Topic: Language sample
Replies: 1
Views: 685

Re: Language sample

I think you need to go and read the texts associated with your study and do some research. We appreciate you need help but there is a level of study students need to do themselves before posting questions and just asking for answers. It gives you the childs age and what the observation is about (Lan...
by fchaudari76
Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:52 pm
Topic: being social
Replies: 3
Views: 980

Re: being social

You are studying you Cert 3, look in your books about running records.
It is a type of observation you do and it is done for specific lengths of time i.e in this case 3 minutes
by fchaudari76
Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:06 pm
Forum: Career In Childcare
Topic: Not sure if I'm ready
Replies: 12
Views: 3521

Re: Not sure if I'm ready

The only way to be ready is jump in and do it!
It may take time and you may feel overwhelmed initially but you'll find your feet and soon doing a full work load will become a breeze
by fchaudari76
Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:04 pm
Topic: being social
Views: 980

Re: being social

How do you interpret children being social?
What things do they do that you would classify as them being social?

Think about it and put something down then we can guide you from there.
by fchaudari76
Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:01 pm
Forum: Bachelor Degree - General Discussions
Topic: Bachelor Of Primary Education Vs Bachelor Of Early Childhood
Replies: 8
Views: 2380

Re: Bachelor Of Primary Education Vs Bachelor Of Early Childhood

Go on seek.com and see what the job openings are like. As far as I know primary teachers are in demand. Also if you do a B.Ed (Primary) you are probably more employable in a school than if you did a B.Ed (ECE) as with that you can really only teach up to grade 3 in a school. Anyway as mentioned the ...
by fchaudari76
Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:37 pm
Forum: Diploma of Children’s Services - Assignments Support (CLOSED)
Topic: Families View And Expectations Of Behaviour
Replies: 2
Views: 955

Re: can someone please help me

Think about this example....we have a child from overseas where its quite acceptable for them to eat with their hands, yet when they come to our service our policy is that children need to use utensils to eat.

Just think along these lines, hope this helps
by fchaudari76
Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:05 pm
Topic: Child Placed In A Room VS Co Sleeping With Parents
Replies: 5
Views: 1183

Re: Child Placed In A Room VS Co Sleeping With Parents

More and more people are leaning towards cosleeping as their is a lot to support the fact that cosleeping is beneficial for children. I myself cosleep with my daughter (now 20 months) and like Lorina's daughter she doesn't suck her thumb or need any kind of "comfort" elements around her when she sle...
by fchaudari76
Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:01 pm
Forum: Children's Behaviour
Topic: Rewards Chart For OOSH Children
Views: 1249

Re: rewards chart

Create your own chart and laminate it and use whiteboard markers on it so you can wipe it clean, add change names of children etc
You can easily take a photo of it to keep a record.
by fchaudari76
Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:59 pm
Forum: Bachelor Degree - General Discussions
Topic: Bachelor Of Primary Education Vs Bachelor Of Early Childhood
Views: 2380

Re: Bachelor Of Primary Education Vs Bachelor Of Early Childhood

If you do a bachelor of education (ECE) that will allow you to teach from ages 0-8 yrs so it encompasses the early years of primary as well You need to evaluate what age group suits you best. If you prefer slightly older children then primary is better for you but if you like being around the younge...
by fchaudari76
Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:57 pm
Forum: General Discussions
Topic: Read The Rules - Don't PM Assignment Questions To Members
Views: 2572

Read The Rules - Don't PM Assignment Questions To Members

Sorry to post this but would new members and even old ones please read the rules for this site and forum. I am tired of responding to private messages with assignment questions being put to me or requests for help on questions.....that is what the forums are for....use them! All I do when I come on ...
by fchaudari76
Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:01 pm
Forum: Traineeships In Childcare
Topic: Starting A Traineeship On A Holiday Visa
Views: 800

Re: Starting A Traineeship On A Holiday Visa

Unfortunately you probably will not be permitted to work until you get your PR paperwork started and get a bridging visa or your PR. Visit/holiday visas are strictly NO WORK, no one will hire you I believe on this visa. When I first went to Australia it was the same, no one would give me any work un...
by fchaudari76
Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:41 pm
Forum: Childcare Interviews
Topic: Help with answering a question for a job application
Views: 621

Re: Help with answering a question for a job application

Can children speak for themselves? Should they be treated with the same respect as adults?

Search the UN Convention on the Rights of a Child, this may give you some ideas
by fchaudari76
Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:34 pm
Forum: Childcare Wages
Topic: Can ECTs work for diploma pay?
Replies: 4
Views: 954

Re: Can ECTs work for diploma pay?

Lorina I disagree, I have never worked anywhere that paid on job position solely You need to be paid according to the qualification you hold regardless of your position. Eg if someone has a diploma and is an assistant they HAVE to be paid diploma completed qualification rates according to the award ...
by fchaudari76
Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:28 pm
Forum: Supporting Educators At Work
Topic: Taking Breaks In The Centre
Views: 913

Re: breaks

Read the award you come under it should state very clearly what breaks you are entitled to. Usually you cannot work more than 5 hours without a 10-15 min break and not more than 6 without a 1/2hr break. Usually most centres will do it so the 1st person in has the 1st break, 2nd in 2nd break etc, unl...
by fchaudari76
Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:23 pm
Forum: Programming and Planning In Childcare
Topic: Number of Portfolios
Replies: 5
Views: 1227

Re: Number of Portfolios

I used to have a lot of portfolios (sometimes 30) but usually you are not putting in something every single day for every single child. If you are that is A LOT of work and there is probably a lot of unnecessary work going in them. People need to understand what the portfolios are, more and more I s...
by fchaudari76
Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:01 am
Topic: Encouraging Children To Communicate & Respect Each Other
Replies: 1
Views: 1940

Re: Final assessment

It is asking for 2 ways - you have mentioned one and I think you need to elaborate more on this . Activities like show and tell would achieve this too. As for prioritising time I find that clearly marking our assignment deadlines on a visible calendar helps. If you are someone who needs a week to do...
by fchaudari76
Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:49 am
Forum: Childcare Wages
Topic: A Trainee Wages Concern For An Adult
Replies: 20
Views: 4089

Re: A Trainee Wages Concern For An Adult

Until you get your Cert III in hand you will be paid as an unqualified worker and perm part time is different from casual. If you have been offered a position your level and whether you are PPT or casual would be mentioned. The pay would be quite different if you are a PPT not a casual and may expla...
by fchaudari76
Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:40 am
Forum: Children's Behaviour
Topic: 14 month old hates having nappy changed
Replies: 15
Views: 4664

Re: 14 month old hates having nappy changed

Like everything else nappy changes need to be a personalised experience and what may work for one child may not for another. I find a child who does not like nappy changes needs something familiar and comforting to take in with them, a special toy or book that they can look through maybe. Also talki...
by fchaudari76
Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:30 pm
Forum: Diploma of Children’s Services - Assignments Support (CLOSED)
Topic: Scenario: Unable To Find A Suitable Replacement
Replies: 4
Views: 1005

Re: Diploma of early childhood education and care cluster 10

What if you don't fill the position by the time she leaves? You cannot run the room with one less staff? Just saying you will continue to advertise the position does not answer the question. They want to know if she leaves and you do not have a permanent staff member to fill her position how are you...