by chichi
Wed May 10, 2017 5:58 pm
Forum: Career In Childcare
Topic: Sick Leave ?
Replies: 2
Views: 864

Sick Leave ?

Hi,

I'm working in a pre school at the moment. I want to ask how much sick leave am I suppose to get per year? Is that separate from annual leave or the same? Do we have to accumulate sick leave or do i get a certain amount of days per year?

Thanks,
by chichi
Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:58 pm
Forum: Diploma of Children’s Services - Assignments Support (CLOSED)
Topic: CHCECE004 Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
Replies: 1
Views: 881

Re: CHCECE004 Promote and provide healthy food and drinks

Hi Lorina, I'm completing the case study below. Can you please let me know if I am on the right track and if I have answered the question correctly or do I need more ? please see in attachment Case Study 7 You are working in an early childhood education and care service that asks families to provide...
by chichi
Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:05 pm
Topic: CHCECE004 Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
Views: 881

CHCECE004 Promote and provide healthy food and drinks

Hi Lorena, I'm completing the case study below. Can you please let me know if I am on the right track and if I have answered the question correctly or do I need more ? please see in attachment Case Study 7 You are working in an early childhood education and care service that asks families to provide...
by chichi
Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:29 pm
Forum: Supporting Educators At Work
Topic: Resignation After 1 Year
Replies: 7
Views: 1644

Re: Resignation After 1 Year

Hi Lorina,

I have given a notice to my leader given one week notice. Does that mean I will get my annual leave paid to me after I left even if I only been in centre for 10month? Should I also send a copy of my letter to HR as well or I don't need to my leader should sort it out?
by chichi
Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:00 pm

I started working 22nd December last year that means I'm only in the centre for 10 months. I am located in NSW. Does all the center has the same notice for employers? So that means im less than one year. My notice will be 1 week notice is sufficient right? because i cant manage to find the enterpris...
by chichi
Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:09 am

Thanks Lorina, is there samples of resignation letter I can get idea of writing one?
by chichi
Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:42 am

Resignation After 1 Year

Hi

I worked at a centre since December last year, if I want to resign from the centre how many weeks notice do I need to give them?

Thanks
by chichi
Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:57 pm
Forum: Childcare Wages
Topic: Pay Question With No Qualification
Views: 561

Pay Question With No Qualification

Hi, I have been working in a Childcare centre since last year Dec 2015 and I'm under the pay rate with no qualifacation which is $18.11 at the moment after the raise in mid year this year. I was wondering do I still get a pay rise by end of the year in December if I have been with the centre for a y...
by chichi
Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:10 am
Topic: Process To Follow When Making An Ethical Decision
Views: 1960

Process To Follow When Making An Ethical Decision

Hi I'm stuck on this question. Can anyone help me where I can find answers from?

Explain the process you would follow to make an ethical decision. Identify and cite 2 sources relevant to your work role that would guide you in making responsible ethical decisions in your work role.
by chichi
Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:31 pm
Topic: 2.4% Wage Increase For Educators??
Replies: 5
Views: 1209

Re: 2.4% Wage Increase For Educators??

Hi Lorina, Thank you yes I have $17.68 I thought I had $17.50 before that was my bad. That's great news. I hope we do when the time arrives. I told HR too and they said Fair trading hasn't gone public about it as yet but once they do they will pay us accordingly to the award. When you said finish ce...
by chichi
Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:47 am

I have been working in the centre since December 2015 and currently still working full time as an assistant. Will I still get a pay increase? If so how much am I suppose to get pay for? My current work has mention nothing about this so I want to find out from them too with more information.
by chichi
Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:44 am

Yes I am working as an assistant. I started my course last year but only been doing 3 modules haven't finish certificate 3 as yet. I find it hard working full time and studying full time while have my own business on the side. So it's a bit slow for me
by chichi
Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:44 pm
Topic: CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
Replies: 0
Views: 956

CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk

Hi, I'm doing my assignment and answered most questions but I left with 2 questions remaining I'm not sure how to go about answering these can someone help me with this? 7. How can you, as an educator, protect yourself against a vexatious or unfounded claim of abuse against one of the children in yo...
by chichi
Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:40 pm

2.4% Wage Increase For Educators??

Hi I saw this post that Childcare worker has a increase of 2.4% pay by 1st July 2016 in this article: http://aussiechildcarenetwork.com.au/articles/childcare-news/2-4-wage-increase-for-educators Does this apply to worker like me who has no qualification and currently studying and working? I currentl...
by chichi
Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:42 am
Topic: Part B Project Develop cultural competence
Replies: 2
Views: 428

Part B Project Develop cultural competence

Hi Lorina, I'm researching information for these questions. I'm bit stuck with this project. I was wondering any chance if you could guide me to relevant reading information? I couldn't seem to find things that are relevant... :( Please help... Hope to hear from you soon. This is the question.... a)...
by chichi
Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:02 pm
Topic: Paid Overtime For Children's Xmas Party
Views: 1140

Re: Paid Overtime For Children's Xmas Party

Thank you for your support Lorina, I agreed that she does have the ego issues. I'm happy that I have left the centre. However, i have very good news. I went to a Pre School today and gave them my resume to apply for casual work while studying. They are very happy with me and said I could start with ...
by chichi
Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:09 pm

Re: Paid Overtime For Children's Xmas Party

Hi Lorina, Thank you for your confirmation. I agreed with you. I feel that the director was very unreasonable and the way she spoke to me was very disrespectful. Because right after the discussion i was told my job is to clean the bath room. So After all the drama I have decided to resign and leave ...
by chichi
Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:35 am

Paid Overtime For Children's Xmas Party

Hi, I'm a bit frustrating about my covers action with my director about the Christmas party for the kids. I my roarer said I finish at 4pm and we have a Xmas party at the centre for children and their parents that doesn't finish till 5:30. My director told me that I have to help out clean up and sta...
by chichi
Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:45 pm
Topic: CHCECE001 Develop cultural competence
Replies: 3
Views: 1519

CHCECE001 Develop cultural competence

Hi Lorina, I'm doing my assignment and I'm stuck on these questions can you please help me guide me to the right direction where I can find answers from? 7. Describe 4 strategies you could use to challenge discriminatory or bias comments from children? 8. Explain 4 ways that group activities could b...