With this "Thoughts Of The Week" template, educators working with school age children in OOSH and FDC services will have the opportunity to gather feedback from the children themselves about the experiences that occurred throughout the week. This template provides a simple set of questions that children can easily answer which will support educators to gather information for future planning possibilities. Using individual responses will assist educators to prepare the curriculum based on the likes and interests of the children. It will also enable children to reflect on and evaluate the time they spend within the service.
This template can also be used with preschool children. Since the children will not be able to fill it in themselves, they can be asked the questions and the educator can fill it in for them.
This template enables a child to feel a "sense of belonging" within the service as educators are directly asking each their thoughts and opinion of the week. This template includes:
- Child's name (this can be pre filled)
- Attendance Checkbox (this can be pre filled)
- Week Beginning Date (this can be pre filled)
- Set of six questions for the child to answer about the week at the service
- Linking to the Curriculum Plan for educators to fill in based on the child's responses