Children's Council Of Australia (CBCA) Book Week starts from 17th - 23rd October. CBCA is a not for profit, volunteer-run organisation which aims to engage the community with literature for young Australians.
The theme for this year Curious Creatures and Wild Minds.
Each year, across Australia, the CBCA brings children and books together celebrating CBCA Book Week. Throughout the year, the CBCA works in partnership with authors, illustrators, publishers, booksellers and other organisations in the children’s book world to bring words, images and stories into the hearts and minds of children and adults.
To celebrate CBCA Book Week, experiences include:
- Children dressing up in their favourite story character.
- Create a quirky bookmark.
- Children can draw their own curious creature.
- Encouraging children to write their stories.
- Have a look at the Early Childhood Book Of The Year entries, online storytelling of each book is available on Youtube.
- Provide information to parents on the importance of reading to children.
- Create a room display on the theme "Curious Creatures and Wild Minds" that the children can display their creatures.
For more ideas: Ideas and Activities
CBCA Book Week