A relay race using water best for a hot day.
- 2 plastic buckets
- Plastic cups (1 per player).
- Large outdoor area.
What to do:
- Gather two buckets of water.
- Place the buckets 5-10 metres apart.
- Give each child a plastic cup.
- When you give the signal, each child takes it in turns to scoop up some water from one bucket at one end of the course and run to the empty bucket on the other side, pouring water in it.
- Each child will then run back to the start and the next child will have a go, until all children on the team has had a go.
- First team to fill the empty bucket with water wins.
Hints and Tips:
- If there are not enough children to divide into 2 teams, have a race between them.
- To make it more difficult, make it an obstacle course that the children have to complete before emptying their cup of water into the empty bucket. For e.g. crawling through a tunnel, stepping in and out of tyres, going down a slide, spinning around 4 times all while holding the cup of water.