Children will enjoy learning and understanding Aboriginal symbols.
- Aboriginal symbol chart (google has many options)
- Coloured stones, rocks, sticks
- Black chart paper
What to do:
- Organise materials in baskets for children to use to create the symbols.
- Place the Aboriginal symbol chart where the child can see.
- Add the black chart paper in front of the child.
- Encourage the child to recreate Aboriginal symbols using the materials provided.
Hints and Tips:
- Instead of using materials listed, children can use playdough
- A tray of sand can also be used so children can draw their symbols in the tray of sand.