A simple activity that reinforces basic concepts such colour matching, patterning that can be used during quiet time.
- Laminated popsicle stick pattern cards (free download)
- Coloured popsicle sticks
- Zip lock bag
What to do:
- Laminate the popsicle stick patterns
- Add coloured popsicle sticks and pattern cards inside a "busy bag". This could be a simple zip lock bag.
- Encourage child to match the popsicle sticks on the pattern cards.
Hints and Tips:
- This a simple activity that easily can be created for rest time non sleepers.
- For younger preschoolers print out the popsicle patterns the same same as a popsicle as for older preschoolers you can print the patterns out smaller which they can observe and create.
- Add Velcro to popsicle sticks and laminated cards so children can stick them on.
- Older preschoolers can create their own abstract patterns using the popsicle sticks.
- If you don't want to laminate, place patterns in a plastic sleeve that children can access.