Children will learn about shapes and geometry through pattern blocks, that can be used during rest time.
- Laminated pattern block pattern cards (free download)
- Pattern blocks (you can download for free and laminate if you do not have pattern blocks available)
- Zip lock bag
What to do:
- Laminate the pattern blocks patterns
- Add pattern blocks and pattern cards inside a "busy bag". This could be a simple zip lock bag.
- Encourage child to match the pattern blocks the pattern cards.
Hints and Tips:
- This a simple activity that easily can be created for rest time non sleepers.
- For younger preschoolers print out the pattern block patterns the same size as pattern blocks for older preschoolers you can print the patterns out smaller which they can observe and create.
- Add Velcro to pattern blocks and laminated cards so children can stick them on.
- Older preschoolers can create their own abstract patterns using the pattern blocks.
- If you don't want to laminate, place patterns in a plastic sleeve that children can access.