This simple activity will enable children to develop patterns and to practice colours.
- Coloured Pompoms
- Popsicle sticks
What to do:
- Create simple patterns by colouring circles on each popsicle sticks using the same colour of the pompoms.
- Encourage children to place the pompom on top of the coloured circles to match the colours and create the pattern.
- Add this into a zip lock bag to be used during rest time.
Hints and Tips:
- This a simple activity that easily can be created for rest time non sleepers.
- Add Velcro to the pompoms and popsicle sticks so children can stick them on.
- Use blank sticker dots, colour and then use these on the popsicle sticks.
- Add a pair of tongs that the child has to use to create the pompom pattern.