Children will enjoy unwrapping the parcel to see what's inside.
- Little gift items (balls, cars, miniature dolls, planes, sunglasses).
- Wrapping paper.
- Sticky tape.
What to do:
- Before the children arrive, wrap each gift item.
- Place each wrapped gift item into a layer of 5 sheets of paper and then place all gift items into a separate piece of paper, on top of one another (it should resemble a ball).
- Sit the babies in a circle or have each parent sit down with their baby.
- Put on the music and “pass the parcel” around the circle until the music stops.
- When the music stops, whichever baby is holding it, they begin to wrap a layer of wrapping paper off.
- Then begin the music again and repeat the process.
- When a baby tears the layer of wrapping paper and a prize falls out, they get to keep it.
Hints and Tips:
- Try this – get about 10 shoe boxes (or boxes with lids) and in a selected few add a prize inside and place the shoe boxes in the middle of a circle. Play music and pass a balloon around the circle. When the music stops, the child holding the balloon chooses a shoe box to open to see if there is a prize inside.
- It’s a good idea to make sure there is a prize for each child.
- Instead of having toys as prizes, you could use healthy fruit slices, bread sticks etc…