Develop a child's finger grip and fine motor skills using pegs.
- 20 pegs (the ones to hang clothes with).
- 2 containers.
- A piece of line / string hung between two chairs.
What to do:
- Put 10 pegs into each of the containers and give it to the child.
- When you say “go”, child has to clip their pegs onto the line.
- They can only use one hand (the other stays behind their back).
- The first child to clip all their pegs onto the line first is the winner!
Hints and Tips:
- If you have lots of children, divide them into two teams. One player puts the pegs on and the next player takes them off.
- You could use coloured pegs, get the same amount for each of the players. You call out which colour they have to clip on the line (great for colour recognition).
- Use more pegs, call out the amount of pegs each child needs to peg onto the line. For e.g. if you call “7” each child has to peg 7 pegs onto the line. Great for number skills.