Children can practice cutting in straight lines while creating the lion's mane.
- Paper plate
- Brown paper
- google eyes
- white paper
- pipe cleaners
What to do:
- Paint a white paper plane orange/yellow for the lion's face
- Cut the brown paper in a circle bigger than the paper plate.
- Stick the brown circle behind the paper plate.
- Have the child cut strips, on the brown paper around the paper plate to create the mane. The child should stop cutting as it reaches the top of the paper plate.
- Decorate the lions face using googly eyes, markers, pipe cleaners etc.
Hints and Tips:
- Instead of paitning the paper plate, have the child cut pieces of yellow and or ornage paper to collage the lips face.
- Child can directly cut the paper plate to create the mane instead.
- Lions face can be drawn on instead.