Jumping, climbing and balancing are all skills used during this obstacle course.
- Cardboard boxes.
- Basically, anything you can use to create an obstacle course.
What to do:
- Find a spot in a garden or even in a big space indoors and make an obstacle course.
- Use boxes and tyres to step over, a plastic slide to climb up and slide down, chairs to crawl under, broom to balance on, rocks to walk around etc.. The possibilities are endless and it’s up to you
- Go through the course with your child. Be careful to hold hands when necessary.
Hints and Tips:
- When a child is confident and is easily able to complete the obstacle course, you could always add a more challenging piece of equipment such as planks to balance on.