A science experiment on how to make electricity using your hair.
What to do:
- Tear tissues into small pieces.
- Comb your hair about 20 times.
- Hold the comb close to the bits of tissue.
The Science Factor:
When you run the comb through your hair over and over again this makes static electricity build up in the comb. The static electricity pulls the tissue paper towards the comb and makes it jump like magic!
Hints and Tips:
- This is great to use when your trying to comb your child's hair. Persuade them with this experiment.
- Did you know, static electricity builds up in clouds during a thunderstorm. It gets so powerful that it jumps to other clouds or to the ground in the form of a huge spark or lightning.