Moon sand is a sensory experience that enables children to mould sand in different shapes. The 2 ingredient moon sand is a quick and easy recipe that children will have fun engaging in.
- oil-based candy colouring as needed
- ¼ cup cooking oil (vegetable or coconut)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
What To Do:
- Place the flour on a baking sheet and bake it in the oven for 5 minutes at 350°F to kill any harmful bacteria. (You can skip this step if you don't need the moon sand to be taste-safe.)
- Use a toothpick to mix some candy colouring into the oil.
- Pour the oil into the flour and stir until well combined. Repeat for each colour you want to make, then give the moon sand to your child and let them play!
Hints and Tips:
- If you’d rather not use food colouring, store the moon sand in an airtight container when not in use.