- Take 5 oranges
- Cut each of them into two
- Squeeze each orange to get the juice into a bowl removing seeds if present.
- Pour the orange juice into an ice tray or use disposable cups and fill equal amounts in each
- Freeze it for half an hour.
- When half frozen add a paddle pop stick to each block.
- Continue to freeze.
- After a few hours, orange ice blocks are ready to serve.
Hints and Tips:
- It is good to serve with the same colour, if needed add some more orange food colour to make more orange.
- Discuss about the nutritional values of Oranges.
- Encourage children to extract juice using a orange squeezer.
- Use different plastic moulds to form different shaped ice blocks.
- Add a tsp of sugar into the extracted juice to make the ice blocks sweet.