Create a spider web painting using string.
- Black paper.
- White paint.
- 15 cm piece of string.
- A bowl.
- Sticky tape
What to do:
- Add the white paint into a bowl.
- Tape down the black paper onto a flat surface.
- Dip the string into the paint.
- Encourage baby to hold one end of the string and drag it across the piece of black paper, to create a spider web.
- Remove the sticky tape from the piece of paper and hang to dry.
- Get a pretend spider and add it onto the spider web.
Hints and Tips:
- Use white paper instead of black and add different coloured paints instead of just white.
- Use the artwork as gift paper.
- Add different textures to the paint to create a different effect (glitter, sand, dirt etc.).
- Make spiders out of egg cartons and pipe cleaners and add them onto the spider web.