Turn mini baking soda volcanoes into works of art.
- Watercolour paper (essential)
- Food colouring
- Baking Soda
What to do:
- Encourage the child to sprinkle the baking soda onto the watercolour paper.
- In a cup, mix a few drops of food colouring with a tablespoon of vinegar.
- Use the eyedroppers to drop the food coloured vinegar onto the baking soda (that was sprinkled on the watercolour paper) and watch it erupt where the coloured vinegar lands.
- Let it dry.
- Brush off the dried baking soda once the paper has absorbed all of the coloured vinegar.
Hints and Tips:
- Add baking soda into shakers
- Add more or less baking soda and vinegar to experiment with chemical reactions and food colouring.
- Loosen the dried baking soda with your fingers and then encourage children to brush off remaining with a paintbrush.
Fizzy Painting - Stem Activity For Kids, Taming Little Monsters