A new bushfire recovery webpage has been developed by the NSW Government which contains a selection of free resources for early childhood services.
The bushfires have impacted everyone in different ways. A selection of free wellbeing resources that will support you, Educators, the children at the service and the community, who have been directly impacted, distressed or traumatised by the bushfires.
Some Resources include:
- Birdie's Tree: Growing together through natural disasters - online storybooks and therapeutic games to help infants and young children affected by natural disasters.
- Emerging Minds: Community Trauma Toolkit - resources educators can use to support children after a disaster or traumatic event.
- Red Cross Australia: Help in Emergencies - lesson plans, activity books and guides for early childhood educators.
- Be You: How to provide support after a natural disaster - tips and guidelines on supporting and comforting children after natural disasters.
- Victoria State Government Better Health Channel: Trauma and Children - information on identifying and supporting preschoolers through trauma.
- NSW Department of Education: Bushfire information for school staff - advice on how to support children in your care who have been affected by bushfires.
and much more!
To access these Resources: Bushfire Recovery