A dressing up activity for baby.
- A variety of old clothes (that can be used as dress ups).
- Accessories (such as hats, sunglasses, jewellery etc.).
- A camera.
What to do:
- Sit with baby in front of a mirror.
- Select some old clothes of and explore them with your baby.
- Talk about the colours, patterns, texture, how it feels (soft, silky, rough, smooth) etc.
- Let baby play with them.
- Casually begin wearing a hat and sunglasses and look at yourself in the mirror. When baby notices say “you can be mummy too, let’s dress you up”
- Help baby choose which clothes they would like to get dress up in.
- Dress baby up. Don’t forget accessories.
- Encourage baby to look at themselves in front of the mirror.
- Take photos of you and baby in dress up clothes.
- Share your photos with friends and family.
Hints and Tips:
- Dressing up is a great way for your baby to explore imaginative play.
- There is no need to buy “dress up clothes”. Just use what you already have.
- Store old clothes in a box that your baby can use as dress up clothes.