Encourage baby to crawl to identify objects and familiar people.
- Magazine with coloured pictures
- Flashcards of animals, numbers, objects OR
- Family photos
- Plastic sleeves for flashcards/family photos
What to do:
- Sit with your baby and flip through a magazine with brightly coloured pictures.
- Pull out the ones, your baby points or responds to. OR
- Choose a set of flashcards that you would like to teach your baby OR
- Select some family photos.
- Put either of these options into a plastic sleeve to protect them from baby (dribble, dirty hands etc).
- Start off with 5 different pictures in each plastic sleeve.
- Tape each plastic sleeve to the floor, where baby crawls. This area needs to be tiled in order for the tape to stick to the floor.
- As baby crawls to each picture, name and describe what baby can see in the picture.
Hints and Tips:
- Replace pictures with new ones, if your baby gets bored.
- Contact the pictures on the floor, so your baby can't destroy the pictures easily.