ACECQA has released new resources explaining the updates to the nationally approved learning frameworks EYLF, and MTOP and clarification and expanded explanation across parts of the original learning frameworks. The following provides the EYLF and MTOP Version 2 Booklets as well as other information resources.
The updates to both framework documents comprise a mix of clarifications and expanded explanations across parts of the original approved learning frameworks, and a smaller number of more substantial changes, including the addition of three new principles and updated practices across all relevant aspects of V2.0 of both national frameworks:
- Belonging, Being and Becoming: The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia (EYLF V2.0)
- My Time Our Place: Framework for school age care in Australia (MTOP V2.0)
The updates strengthen the connection between the nationally approved learning frameworks and the National Quality Standard in areas such as transitions, sustainability, theoretical approaches, critical reflection, inclusion and embedding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander ways of being, knowing and doing across all aspects of education and care practice.
The following resources will assist providers and Educators and their services transition to the EYLF V2.0 and MTOP V2.0:
- Information Sheet – Approved learning frameworks overview
- Overview of changes in online video
- ‘What’s changed?’ fact sheet for the EYLF V2.0
- ‘What’s changed?’ fact sheet for MTOP V2.0
- Approved learning frameworks Update FAQs
- Mapping the updated EYLF to V9 Australian Curriculum
- Mapping the updated MTOP to V9 Australian Curriculum
Free additional supporting materials will be developed and made available by governments and ACECQA throughout 2023 to support the transition to the nationally approved learning frameworks V2.0.
Approved Learning Frameworks Resources, ACECQA