Use a squeaky toy to encourage baby to turn to where the sound came from.
- A blanket (or) mat for your baby to lay on.
- A squeaky toy.
What to do:
- Place your baby on their tummy.
- Move behind your baby, out of their view.
- Then speak gently to baby. Watch and see if baby makes some gestures, indicating that they can hear you. They may kick their feet, smile, move their hands or blink their eyes.
- Take a squeaky toy, move it out of your baby’s sight and squeeze it. Again notice if they seem to hear the sound.
- Move the toy in different areas around the room to see how baby reacts. As baby develops they will be able to move their head in the direction of the sound.
Hints and Tips:
- When playing this game with your baby make sure that the sound isn't so loud that you may end up scaring them.
- The can also be played with baby laying on their backs or sitting up.