Online EYLF Tools

Support forum for feature requests and for troubleshooting issues when opening or downloading EYLF templates that are listed under the Templates section of this website
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Misse84
Helper
Helper

Re: Online EYLF Tools 0.0.1 - Programming & Planning Documentations!

Post by Misse84 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:24 pm

Hi LA

I love love love the tools . At work we were all worried how we would do it all , and the managers were so happy when I told them about the tools ( thank you for helping me get browning points :P )

I was wondering when the child observation tool will be up ? I know you are very busy but just wondering :D

Thank you :kiss:

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:47 pm

Hey Tiny_tots,
Hi all, I love the online tools - they are a true god sent but when I go to upload my photos they come up as just white boxes. Is there a reason why and how do i rectify this?
I'm not too sure why this is happening...It's hard to tell but I do know a few things you can try:

1) First, just make sure that the images you are adding to this form is in one of these formats:

Windows Bitmap (BMP)
Joint Photographic Experts Group variations (JPG)
Graphics Interchange Format (GIF)
Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
Tagged Image File (TIF)

2) I am attaching a sample image file below. Download this image to your desktop and see if you are able to add this image to your forms. (its just a sample photo I downloaded from Google.)

3) Try different images and see if you are having the same problem.

4) Try it out from a different computer (preferably with different Operating System) and see if the same problem happens.

If none of the above works, send me a sample of your documentation which shows the white box and also a copy of the image you are trying to add to it and I'll have a look. You can either PM me the attachment or add it to your post here.

painting3.jpg
Hi Bubuella,
I was wondering when the child observation tool will be up ?
I haven't started working on it yet. Currently we are working on releasing the next version (0.0.2) which has a few changes and updates to the current documentation. I may start to work on Child Observations after this release. Hopefully we may be able to release it in v0.0.3. Child Observations will take a bit of work since I am planning to have up to 5 different observation formats. Such as photo obs, running records, jottings, anecdotal etc.. I want to try and figure out the most necessary ones we need to do. From what I understand so far, in the NQS it mentions only that a variety of observations formats need to be used, so I'm still looking into it.

Once I have worked out the different types of observation formats that I will be using, then the design process starts where I basically need to design how I want these forms to look. From here it's turning these designs and developing them into the online tools... It's quite a process so I'm hoping to start working on it after the next release.

I'll tell you more when I start working on it,

Cheers :geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tiny_tots
Participator
Participator

Post by tiny_tots » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:27 pm

Thanks LA,

I just had to reduce the size of the file. It was sitting at 1.4mb and once i dropped it down in size it was happy to be uploaded..computers...gotta love em!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:48 pm

Hi Tiny_tots,

Glad to hear you got the problem fixed! :thumbup:

Sometimes adding photos with bigger file size into the image boxes can cause problems since the form may take too long to re-size these images. It's always best to try and optimize these images to a smaller size before uploading it into the documentation. This will also keep your forms to a smaller size when you save it.

L.A

tiny_tots
Participator
Participator

Post by tiny_tots » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:40 pm

I was talking to my director today and something that we both came up with at the same time is that there is no space to add the child's name and date of birth. Is it possible that we could get that added to the template...would be really appreciated by all the staff at Community Kids Greenacres :inlove:

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:11 pm

there is no space to add the child's name and date of birth

Which documentation in the online tools do you require this for? Is this for the Learning Story? At the moment for the Learning Story the fields that are available are:

Individual/Group
Name/Room
Date

Could you please provide me with more details on what else you would like to include in the fields?

Also, I would like to know the opinions of others... If alot of users request there to be a DOB option then I may change it, so please let me know if this would be helpful to you.

L.A

tiny_tots
Participator
Participator

Post by tiny_tots » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:37 pm

L.A wrote:
there is no space to add the child's name and date of birth

Which documentation in the online tools do you require this for? Is this for the Learning Story? At the moment for the Learning Story the fields that are available are:

Individual/Group
Name/Room
Date

Could you please provide me with more details on what else you would like to include in the fields?

Also, I would like to know the opinions of others... If alot of users request there to be a DOB option then I may change it, so please let me know if this would be helpful to you.

L.A
Sorry, should have said it is for the Learning Story. I think the option for both room and name would be great and also the DOB would be helpful as well. This is such a great tool!

acmacboye

Spelling Mistake

Post by acmacboye » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:18 pm

Hi, I am not sure if this has already been discussed. I did have a quick browse and couldn't find anything.
On the REFLECTIONS OF OUR DAY form learning outcome 1 says " Children have a strong sense of IDENTY" ....should say Identity!LOL :giggle:

Lorina

Re: Spelling Mistake

Post by Lorina » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:05 pm

Thanks for letting us know....We will fix it a.s.a.p!

L.A

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:40 pm

tiny_tots wrote:
I think the option for both room and name would be great and also the DOB would be helpful as well. This is such a great tool!
No worries... I'm sure I should be able to add this in to the Learning Story documentation...:thumbup:
acmacboye wrote:Hi, I am not sure if this has already been discussed. I did have a quick browse and couldn't find anything.
On the REFLECTIONS OF OUR DAY form learning outcome 1 says " Children have a strong sense of IDENTY" ....should say Identity!LOL :giggle:
The typo mistake has now been fixed in Reflections of Our Day...it's something that we all missed..Lol..

Hi Everyone,

Remember to download the corrected version of Reflections of our day.

L.A

acmacboye

Post by acmacboye » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:30 pm

Glad I could help!
I made my own yearly planner and typo February...it reads Fenurary! So now I have to look at that forever!

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:43 pm

Everyone knows you only have Fenuary on a leap year lol

Lorina

Re: Online EYLF Tools - OOSH Curriculum Plan

Post by Lorina » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:58 pm

Hi Everyone,

For those of you working in an OOSH centre I am adding the screen shots of the curriculum plan that will available to you in the 0.0.2 version release of Online Tools...

OOSH Curriculum Plan Screenshots:

Page 1:

Page 2:

The above screenshots shows you the curriculum plan for OSHC Before and After School care centres. Its an improvement to the previous style that I had posted a few years back and have added the Online Tools elements to this form. The headings are separated into "Daily Routines", "Indoor Experiences" and "Outdoor Experiences" from Monday to Friday and each of these section has a space to type in the experiences, select the Learning Outcomes, Input keys and tick the box "AM" and/or "PM" depending on when the experience took place. There is also a column for Follow-ups on the right side.

NOTE: The above is only a screenshot and it will be available to use when the next version of the Online Tools are released (version: 0.0.2). Will be back with more updates this weekend.

L.A

oziwi

Post by oziwi » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:44 pm

It looks good can't wait to see the end results. Well done L.A

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:06 pm

The OOSH curriculum plan is looking really good! awesome! :thumbup:

kristyl74
Participator
Participator

Post by kristyl74 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:07 am

*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal* LA you are a godsend :-))))) THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU

tecomagirl

Post by tecomagirl » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:52 am

Wow, that is fantastic, thank you so much

Jodie30

Post by Jodie30 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:23 pm

Hi LA

Love the online EYLF tool box & appreciate you sharing your ideas with everyone else. I was wondering what program format/ software do you use to do your learning stories etc... As i have done my own program/ learning story format but think it would be alot easier to do it on the computer with the drop down boxes etc

Thanks J

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:44 pm

Hi Jodie,

When designing the format I use photoshop and word to get a basic layout of how I want the documentation to look. From there Admin takes care of the rest by developing and programming my design into a dynamic PDF form (a.k.a "online EYLF tools").

L.A

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:55 pm

I call it :.:.:.:.**MAGIC**.:.:.:.:.: lol