Online EYLF Tools

Support forum for feature requests and for troubleshooting issues when opening or downloading EYLF templates that are listed under the Templates section of this website
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
admin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Online EYLF Tools 0.0.2 - Programming and Planning Tools

Post by admin » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:31 pm

ok...makes sense. I will let L.A know when she comes back from work this evening and see what she comes up with. She is the mastermind behind all this. ;)

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:51 pm

And you're the good looks?? ;)

admin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by admin » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:28 pm

Curriculum Plan Documentations Updated:

Please note that the typo in the Curriclum Plan templates are now fixed and a new copy of these documentations are now available to download. The following documentations are updated:

1) Play Based Learning Format - Daily Curriclum Plan
2) Play Based Learning Format - Weekly Curriclum Plan
3) Learning Outcomes Based Format - Daily Curriclum Plan
4) Learning Outcomes Based Format - Weekly Curriclum Plan
5) OOSH Curricum Plan for Before and After School Care

Please delete the old version saved in your computer and remember to download the updated
templates from here:
Online EYLF Tools

KatG73

Post by KatG73 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:43 am

Hi Admin, thank you so much for fixing the typo last week so promptly!

I was also wondering if you can customize these forms a little bit for my centre? I really love these templates and I dont want to change the design of it since my educators are already using these tools and they are very happy with it. But I would like to have a different drop down list with the classroom names since my centres have different names for each rooms and I would like to have these options listed there. I read in online tools page that you can customize these forms for each centre for $75. Is that correct? I think $75 is really reasonable and I am happy to pay you for it. I also like the idea of including the centre logo in these templates by default so educators doesnt need to add it in themselves. Another thing, I wont be needing the FDC version on these templates. If i send you the details, would you be able to make these changes and create a customized version for my centre?

admin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by admin » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:10 pm

Hi KatG73,

Absolutely, I can make those changes for your centre. And yes, its only $75 per form if you want to make minor changes to these templates to suit your centre. These personalized forms will have your centre logo by default and I can remove the FDC version for you if its not required.

You can Email me the details and I will create a customized form for your centre.

KatG73

Post by KatG73 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:48 pm

Thank you so much Admin. I will email you the details now.. :D

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:17 pm

Hi L.A, I started working at a new centre this week and I showed a demo of these Online tools to my centre director last week and she absolutely loved it! We are gonna have a staff meeting next week and she is gonna show everyone on how we can use these forms to complete everyday documentations. They are all excited since its going to cut down on a lot of work. Everyone are excited! Just thought I'll share...

Lorina

Re: Child Observation Templates - Draft Sample

Post by Lorina » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:08 pm

Hi Everyone,

Here are some screenshots of the new Child Observation Templates that I am currently working on. So far, I have created a rough design of 3 different style templates for Child Obs. I will add the screen shots of my progress so far. The below screenshots is just a rough design and the Online Tools version for these child obs are currently being developed. I will be back later with more updates. In the mean time please have a look and let me know if you have any suggestions to add to these templates.

Child Obs - Template 1:

Child Obs - Template 2:

Child Obs - Template 3:

(the blue section in these images is where you insert your photos)

Also, part of EYLF is to incorporate Belonging, Being and Becoming so I thought I'd include these elements in one of the child obs templates (ob template 2). However in doing this, I don't think there is enough space to write a detailed observation.... Do you think there is more space needed for this particular ob template? Just like to know what you think so I can re-design if necessary.

I would really appreciate it if you have any input or suggestions, please let me know! Love to hear your thoughts on the draft...

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

sherry.mcc
Helper
Helper

Post by sherry.mcc » Fri May 04, 2012 5:43 am

Hi Lindy,
Thank you for your information on how to download the EYLF tools.
I actually went to the Mac Shop and he showed me how to do.
Cheers
Sherry

sherry.mcc
Helper
Helper

Post by sherry.mcc » Fri May 04, 2012 5:48 am

Hi,
Just wanting to know and have been told by my CDO that you can buy the EYLF Tools program.
Could you please tell me the benefits of buying the program.
I am a family day grandmother.
Cheers
Sherry

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Fri May 04, 2012 6:29 am

Hi Sherry.mcc
Glad you got it all sorted.
As far as buying EYLF Tools. I've looked at a lot of the ones available for purchase. While some are good they take up so much time filling them in. Most will offer a free trial but I personally found them far too complicated myself. The ones on this site are far far easier and FREE!! The child observations may be coming online very soon which will make this sites programming complete.
It you have any problems Sherry.mcc I'd be happy to help as I am FDC too.

KatG73

Post by KatG73 » Fri May 04, 2012 1:31 pm

Hi Sherry.mcc,
I had looked at buying EYLF tools before and there are a lot of them out there for purchase. In the end I was lucky to find these online tools here that is far more easier to use than these softwares and its free and doesnt cost you a dollar! (couldn't believe when I first saw it so I emailed admin to confirm! lol) LindyT is right, I also find these softwares a bit complicated to use. You can get free ones but they are usually the trial versions only. I tried looking at many previews in youtube and my head starts spinning half way through them. I find its too much to learn just to get used to these programs and above all that you need to train your educators on that too. Why waste your time and money on purchasing softwares? All the EYLF tools I've looked at are so very expensive! The ones I've seen costs 1000s! I decided in the end instead of wasting my money on softwares and programs, I would rather donate to this site to support these guys so they can continue doing what they do best and provide useful tools like these to us educators. thats my take on it..

To L.A: Hi L.A. the child obs templates looks really fantastic. I love your designs! I am excited for the next release.
Last edited by KatG73 on Fri May 04, 2012 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KatG73

Post by KatG73 » Fri May 04, 2012 1:41 pm

Also, part of EYLF is to incorporate Belonging, Being and Becoming so I thought I'd include these elements in one of the child obs templates (ob template 2). However in doing this, I don't think there is enough space to write a detailed observation.... Do you think there is more space needed for this particular ob template? Just like to know what you think so I can re-design if necessary.
I like this format. I think the observation space is enough. I usually use the font size buttons if I need to type more inside these boxes.

sherry.mcc
Helper
Helper

Post by sherry.mcc » Sun May 06, 2012 7:03 am

Hi,
In regard to the Observation formats, I like number 2. I like the being, belonging and becoming.

I used to be able to send the Reflections of Our Day, Program and the Learnings Stories to parents but it seems I can no longer do this.The parents all loved them when they received them and said it gave them an insight into their child's world. Is there anyway I can send them to parents again?

I went to my service's training last night about the new regs and one of the girls mentioned Early Years Learning Management to buy for $250 for all the children's obs, etc but I found it a lot of work after looking at the free demonstration.

Love to all and many thanks for everyone's help
Sherry

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun May 06, 2012 2:21 pm

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update. The Online tools version of the new Child obs templates have just been released to the support team for testing. If everything goes well, we will be finalizing these drafts and create the final forms. We are trying to release the final version of these 3 child observation templates in the next Online Tools release (version 0.0.3). Possibly in a week to 10 days. Will update more info on the progress here..

BTW Thank you KatG73 & sherry.mcc for your feedback on the child obs templates.

Hi sherry.mcc,
I used to be able to send the Reflections of Our Day, Program and the Learnings Stories to parents but it seems I can no longer do this

Can you please provide more info on that. What kind of problem are you facing, are you unable to save it, or unable to add that as an attachment to emails or are the parents unable to open them? What error do you see? Let me know more so I can try and help you.

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

sherry.mcc
Helper
Helper

Post by sherry.mcc » Sun May 06, 2012 5:58 pm

Hi L. A.,

Please wait...

If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document.

You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows, Mac,
- I have a Mac -
by visiting http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download
- which I have done but I still get the same message.

For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://adobe.com/go/acrreader
which I have tried to find.

I used to be able to send them to parents.
Cheers
Sherry

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Sun May 06, 2012 6:14 pm

Hi sherry.mcc
I too am a MAC user. Have you tried using Firefox as your browser to load the templates?? I had huge problems until I used firefox on my mac and it then worked like a dream

sherry.mcc
Helper
Helper

Post by sherry.mcc » Sun May 06, 2012 7:22 pm

Hi All,
I love the learning story - how to write the learning story.
Thank you so much for this. It has made it much easier to know what to write.
Cheers
Sherry

grandma
Participator
Participator

Post by grandma » Mon May 07, 2012 5:29 pm

Wow LA template 1 looks like a great one for family day carers. Looking forward to getting it. Another donation coming your way

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Re: Online Tools V0.0.2

Post by LindyT » Tue May 08, 2012 10:01 am

Hi is there any chance that the extns on the LS/DR can have a field for Date followed up like the Child Obs??
Last edited by Lorina on Tue May 08, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Post moved