Online EYLF Tools

Support forum for feature requests and for troubleshooting issues when opening or downloading EYLF templates that are listed under the Templates section of this website
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Re: Online EYLF Tools 0.0.1 Released!

Post by catchmeifucan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:17 pm

shez65 wrote:I love the new online EYLF tool, but I do alot of my day care Obs on a Ipad and its has the latest Adobe, but it can't read the PDF. Has any body got any ideas to getting this programme to work on the ipad.
I am not sure if the adobe reader you download for ipad is the same as the one you download for windows. But did you try the steps mentioned under "Alternative solution if your browser plug-in is not opening these pdf files" in the troubleshoot page? Are you able to open the files that way? what error message do you get? you can try searching adobe forums and see if there is a solution there for ipads.

Lorina

Re: Online EYLF Tools - Opening "Online EYLF Tools" on Ipads and Android Devices

Post by Lorina » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:01 pm

shez65 wrote:I love the new online EYLF tool, but I do alot of my day care Obs on a Ipad and its has the latest Adobe, but it can't read the PDF. Has any body got any ideas to getting this programme to work on the ipad.
Opening "Online EYLF Tools" on Ipads and Android Devices:

These pdf files used in "Online EYLF Tools" will NOT work with the Adobe Reader for ipads or other mobile devices. The reason being, the free Reader for iOS does not support all features in these files and due to this limitation with these iOS readers, you will not be able to open and edit these Online EYLF tool's pdfs. However, a standard static pdfs will open (like the other worksheet pdfs available under our Printables). Unfortunately, when it comes to these "online eylf tools" files, these are far more advanced pdfs files with scripting in it and will only work with the Adobe reader available for laptops and computers since they have more features to it. You will need to wait until Adobe updates their reader features that they offer for iOS devices. Alternatively, did you try using PDF Expert for iPad? From what I know, PDF expert should give you the option of editing and filling in these files. I am not sure since I havent tried it so I cant guarantee if that will open these files but you can try it if you have that available in your ipad. If that doesn't work, unfortunately the only solution is using laptops or desktops with windows or mac. Let us know if you find anything more..

natgirl33

Post by natgirl33 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:36 pm

Dear Grandma when you print the page adjust your printer properties so that it shrinks to fit one page that is what I do

jrw60
Participator
Participator

Post by jrw60 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:08 pm

Hi L.A,

Love love love your work and this site!! Have shared site details with other Home Based Educators, my Co-ordinator and a friend who is a Centre Director and the feedback has been fantastic. Congratulations, you have succeeded in making so many people's paperwork load so much lighter.

sherry.mcc
Helper
Helper

Post by sherry.mcc » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:19 pm

Hello,
I have tried everything that is on your website to download the EYLF Tools to my Mac computor but no go. I have rang apple support and we were on the line for over an hour doing what you have suggested but we could not get them to download your program. They suggested I ring Adobe which I did but he could not download it either. He said I have all the right Adobe reader on the computor but the problem is to do with your file. Such a shame because they look fantastic and easy to do. Will have to do what I am doing now.
Cheers
Sherry

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:36 pm

hi sherry.mcc,
"He said I have all the right Adobe reader on the computor but the problem is to do with your file."

I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to use these files in mac. Usually its an easy way out for tech supports to say that its the file at fault. But dont you think if there is a problem with these files, wouldnt everyone have the same problem? Did you try these steps under "Alternative solution if your browser plug-in is not opening these pdf files" in this page? What Mac version are you having? Do you have windows to try it out with?

During the initial testing before the release, I remember LindyT had some problems in getting these files to open with MAC at first but it was working fine in windows. I wonder if she can shed some lights here..

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:40 pm

Sherry

I too am a Mac user and have worked my way around the downloading issues.
Once I get my paperwork done for today I will post you how I do it.

Shouldn't be too long

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:02 pm

Ok this is how I do it.

Seems long and complicated but it isn't really lol
Mac guide for ACN.docx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:32 pm

Hi Lindy...thanks for posting up the screenshots showing how you open these files with mac.

Sherry, I was just thinking, have you enabled Adobe reader as the "default" program to open pdf files from your browser? if adobe reader is not enabled as default, then the browser may try to open these pdfs using another program (like apple's preview) although you may have the latest adobe installed. In these cases, the files may not open. You can try the following steps if you haven't already:

Troubleshoot For Mac Users:

1) All Mac users need to assure that they have the latest version of Adobe Reader. You can download it from the below link or from iStore: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/ ... =macintosh

2) Move the Adobe Reader icon in your "Applications" folder to the "Dock"

3) Click on the Adobe Reader icon to open the App.

4) Open any pdf file by going File->Open. The downloaded pdf file can be found in your Download folder. When you open any pdf file, you should get the following message: "Adobe Reader is not currently configured to be the default application for pdf files. Would you like to make pdf files open with Adobe Reader instead of Preview?"

(5) click "Yes".

See if that helps..

Lorina

Re: How to Write a Learning Story

Post by Lorina » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:08 pm

SITE UPDATE: The following article is now available for Early Childhood Professionals:

Name of the Article: Learning Story – How to write Learning Stories

Article Description: Learn how to write a Learning Story, Learning Stories examples and templates, What is a Learning Story, Analysis of Learning, Extension of Learning, Linking to EYLF, Adding Group Learning Stories to Individual Child Portfolios or Folders, How Many Learning Stories, completing a learning story, Learning Story samples and more..

Path: To read this article, go to: Resources --> Childcare Professionals --> Learning Story

URL:

Code: Select all

http://www.AussieChildcareNetwork.com/learning_story.php
[/color]

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:08 pm

Hi L.A,

Just tried ALL those points, even uninstalled Reader.
Did not make any difference sadly.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:33 pm

LindyT wrote:Hi L.A,

Just tried ALL those points, even uninstalled Reader.
Did not make any difference sadly.
Hey Lindy,

I just found something interesting from Adobe site. It appears that there is a known compatibility problem with Adobe reader plug-in and Acrobat plug-in with Safari 5.1 browser that shipped with Mac OS X 10.7 and for 10.6. Apparently, these plug-ins can render basic pdfs but it doesn't function as expected for LiveCycle and Acrobat workflows (like the ones used for Online EYLF Tools). So now it makes sense on why Mac users are having problems with these "Online EYLF Tools". Here is the link: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/908/cpsid_90885.html

So as stated in Adobe site itself, it appears that the only work around for this issue is:

1) to download the file and open it directly using the Adobe Reader (similar to the way you are doing it now).
2) Continue to use Safari 5.0.x and Mac OS X 10.6.
3) Download the Firefox plugin from LABs and use Firefox.
4) Use desktop virtualization technology such as Citrix to allow applications to run in a controlled environment where the Safari browser will not be upgraded to version 5.1.

So I am afraid there is no other way until Adobe or Safari fixes this in the future. This issue is only with the plug-ins for Mac and thats why you are able to open these files directly from Adobe Reader. Hope this makes sense now..

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:52 pm

So basically I should stop trying lol

At least we have a way to make it work.
Not like everyone else but working still the same.

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:59 pm

OMG I downloaded Firefox and it works!!

ty ty ty

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:21 pm

Hi Lindy,
Thats good news! I am glad its working for you now. I will also update the troubleshoot page soon..

Lorina

Re: Online EYLF Tools - OSHC Documentations

Post by Lorina » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:35 pm

Hey Everyone,

OSHC Documentations:

I know that those working in OOSH are eagerly awaiting documentation to use through online tools and I just wanted to let you know that I have started working on a template that you can use at your OOSH centre. I haven't worked in an OOSH for awhile now, so you will have to bear with me as I get my head around a few things… I do have some questions that I would like to ask those of you currently working in an OOSH setting…

1) Do you prefer having a weekly or daily curriculum plan?
2) What are the areas you have set up within your OOSH setting? For e.g. "Book Area, Quiet Space, Construction, Creative Play, Art N Craft" etc..
3) Do you have to do child observations?
4) With the "Input Keys" in other documentations from the online tools, which of those do you think won't be necessary?
5) Please provide brief details of the current program you are using now, so I can get an idea of what you are using.
6) If anybody would be able to upload a sample of your current program template it would be very helpful! (Don't worry, I'm not going to copy it's just so I can get a better idea).

By answering these questions, you will help me to understand what I need to include in the curriculum plan and will hopefully be able to put together a OOSH template for you.

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

LeahSteindl

Post by LeahSteindl » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:04 am

THANK-YOU so much for making daycare workers lives a little more easier!!!
It is wonderful to beable just to click and write a few things and the program is done!

Lorina

Re: Online EYLF Tools - OSHC Documentations

Post by Lorina » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:26 pm

L.A wrote:,
OSHC Documentations:

1) Do you prefer having a weekly or daily curriculum plan?
2) What are the areas you have set up within your OOSH setting? For e.g. "Book Area, Quiet Space, Construction, Creative Play, Art N Craft" etc..
3) Do you have to do child observations?
4) With the "Input Keys" in other documentations from the online tools, which of those do you think won't be necessary?
5) Please provide brief details of the current program you are using now, so I can get an idea of what you are using.
6) If anybody would be able to upload a sample of your current program template it would be very helpful! (Don't worry, I'm not going to copy it's just so I can get a better idea).
Hi Everyone,

Since a few of you have asked and waiting for OOSH curriculum plan templates, recently I had requested for those of you working in an OOSH setting to provide me with a few answers to the questions, so I understand your needs and design a template for you. I had asked this in my post a few days ago and so far I have only received one reply. I am very disappointed to see that although some of you have requested and waiting for these templates to be released, no one is willing to support or share ideas. Please understand that I don’t work in an OOSH setting and I was thinking of creating these documentations only due to requests but if I'm not going to receive support from you in return then I don’t see a point in me doing it. Creating documentation for online tools does take a lot of time and effort and I was hoping to get more thoughts and ideas from those of you working in OOSH. If you don't want to answer on the forum and if you want to keep your ideas confidential, then feel free to pm me instead (PM will be available for user who have made 3 posts or more)… I am just hoping for more support from you than what I have received thus far so I can try and make this available when releasing the next version of these Online Tools.

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

Kaz
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kaz » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:45 am

L.A. I have answered them the best I can as I am only new to doing ASC I am not sure what to do really :/ ..

1) Do you prefer having a weekly or daily curriculum plan? I like weekly planning that way the children(and parents) will know what will be on offer

2) What are the areas you have set up within your OOSH setting? For e.g. "Book Area, Quiet Space, Construction, Creative Play, Art N Craft" etc.. All of those and I was thinking of havinga 'homework' table for any of the older children.

3) Do you have to do child observations? I believe I will

4) With the "Input Keys" in other documentations from the online tools, which of those do you think won't be necessary? no idea!! :/

5) Please provide brief details of the current program you are using now, so I can get an idea of what you are using. I don't have one as of yet only new to all this

teresamc

Post by teresamc » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:22 pm

I'm just about in tears! I've started using these on-line documents and I love them and everyone else at my new centre loves them. But I can only open them on one computer and it isn't the one I get when I'm programming. I can use them at home if I save the PDFs but I can't even do that here.
Is there anyway they can be accessed in Word Format?