Online EYLF Tools

Support forum for feature requests and for troubleshooting issues when opening or downloading EYLF templates that are listed under the Templates section of this website
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Lorina

Re: Online EYLF Tools 0.0.1 - Programming & Planning Documentations!

Post by Lorina » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:24 pm

Hey Everyone,

Just a quick update... The new version of online tools has just been released to our support team for testing. It should be online and available to all users over the next couple of days... Further updates will be posted here.

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

kristyl74
Participator
Participator

Post by kristyl74 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:31 pm

I am so excited for this new version you have no idea.. Thank you so much for all your hard work, truly truly appreciated :-)

Sonja

Post by Sonja » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:28 pm

Love the current version but eager to try the new one too! :) Appreciate your hard work L.A.!!

Sonja

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:55 pm

we tested out the new version today and I like to add that the new improvements are really great. Everyone will be happy since these new features pretty much sums up all the requests so far. :thumbup:

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:24 pm

Hi Catchme, 

Thanks for the feedback... Yeah I agree the new online tools version has everyone's request thus far... It's been great to be able to update the online tools to the changes that users have suggested. 

The online tools version 0.0.2 will be launched tomorrow evening. This means that it will be available for everyone! I'll try and do it first thing when I return back from work tomorrow night...

I would also just like to Thank LindyT and Fefe76 for taking time out of their day to test out the new version! 

Very much appreciated! 

L.A

Lorina

Re: Online EYLF Tools 0.0.2 Now Released!

Post by Lorina » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:55 pm

Changelog: updated first post with version 0.0.2.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:12 pm

Hi Everyone,

“Online EYLF Tools” version 0.0.2 now available!

We have now released the 0.0.2 version of Online Tools. Please take a minute to read the information below of important updates and changes that have been made to "Online Tools".

The new version of the “Online EYLF Tools” are now available to download. Please note that the previous version is now obsolete and remember to download the latest copy of these documentations from here: http://www.AussieChildcareNetwork.com/online_tools

NOTE: Once you open the "Online Tools" page, please remember to click the "Refresh" page button inside the browser for new changes to take effect (This is only required during your first visit in order to refresh your browser cache).

Here is the list of improvements done to these Online Tools:

1. OOSH Curriculum Plan Template: A new curriculum plan template is now available for OOSH Before and After School cares.
  2. Control Panel: Introducing a control panel feature for all forms. These control panels are located at the bottom of all pages and they contain various buttons to modify the template based on your needs. The control panels are visible on screen only and they do not print.
  3. FDC and LDC versions: You can now choose between a “Long daycare (LDC)” version and a “Family Daycare (FDC)” version for Curriculum plans and Reflections of our Day. The FDC version does not have the Educators and Room fields. These versions can be selected from the form’s control panel.
  4. Educators Field: The Educator field is now modified to hold more than 1 name. This field now auto-expands based on the length of the characters in it. Please note that the maximum character allowed for the educator field is 30.
  5. Font Sizes: You can now increase or decrease font sizes for some text fields based on your needs. To change font sizes, click on the “+” or “-” buttons next to “Font Size” in the control panel.
  6. Photos: You can now toggle between “Stretch” and “Fit” settings for photos in Learning Stories and Reflections of our Day. So this now gives the users an ability to add portrait photos without being stretched and distorted.
  7. Weekends: Weekends can be added to the weekly curriculum plans for centres that are open during the weekends. To include weekends to the curriculum plan template, simply click on the “Add” or “Del” button next to “Weekends” in the control panel (this only applies to the Weekly Curriculum Plan Sheets).
  8. Centre logos: Users now have the ability to change the dimension of the centre logo field based on the size and shape of your centre logo. You can now change the logo dimension by clicking on the “Square” or “Rectangle” buttons next to “Centre Logo” in control panel (also refer to "Known Limitations" below).
  9. Individual Learning Stories: The fields for the Learning Stories changes based on your selection for “Individual” or “Group”. The “Individual” setting will now add new fields to include child’s D.O.B and child’s name.
  10. FAQ, Troubleshoot and Video Tutorial pages updated.
  11. Known Limitations & Bugfix: There are some known limitations for the current version. Also some minor bug fixes are resolved. Please read below on more info on "Known Limitations" and "Bug Fixes".

Bugfix from last version:

1) Print Form button fixed for Daily curriculum plan Learning Outcomes.
2) Fixed the learning outcomes drop down lists for "weekly curriculum Plan Play Based".
3) Removed borders around centre logos in Add-on pages.

Known Limitations:

1) Centre Logo (square): There is a known limitation for the centre logo on this version. From reading the above, you will notice that you can now change the centre logo dimensions between square and rectangle by clicking on the appropriate button in the form's control panel. Please note that if you are choosing the "Square" settings for the centre logo, the logo field in the additional pages (i.e page 2 onwards) will reset back to rectangle after you click on the "Finalize Form" button. So in this case, remember that you need to click on the "Square" settings again AFTER you finalize the form to make sure that all pages have the same dimension for centre logos. (This limitation applies to only Daily & Weekly Curriculum Plans on Learning Outcomes and Play based Learning formats)

2) Educator Field Length: "30" is the maximum character allowed in the educator's field.

Hope you all like the changes!

L.A

kristyl74
Participator
Participator

Post by kristyl74 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:46 pm

LA I come home tonight and went straight to my office to check out this new release.... O M G !!!! This is just awesome, put my son to bed now going to get stuck into it :-)) Congratulations and thankyou for all your hard work x

KatG73

Post by KatG73 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:27 pm

hi L.a, the new online tools are simply great!! I love the new centre logo options. I was having trouble with my logo before and now its perfect! I was thinking if I should request for this feature but I was too shy. it is great that you can read minds! thanks again L.A. the tools are even better now :-)

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:32 pm

Have to be careful now as we all know she can read minds lol

What am i thinking L.A? :P

MarionMac

Post by MarionMac » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:34 am

I can't seem to get the forms to open more than once. it tells me adobe reader is out of memory.
Am I doing something wrong? :sweating:
Thanks
Marion

admin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by admin » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:24 pm

To All Users Reporting Problems:
Users who are reporting problem with Adobe Readers or Online Tools troubleshoot related issues, when posting your problem please remember to provide as much info as possible. It is hard to provide assistance if you are just addressing the error messages with no other info. So when reporting problems, also remember to include other details like your Operating System, Browser and its version, Adobe Reader version, etc..so we can get a better understanding of your issue.
"I can't seem to get the forms to open more than once. it tells me adobe reader is out of memory.
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks
Marion"

Marion, its hard to tell. What is your OS, what browser are your using, what version of Adobe Reader do you have installed and how much RAM do you have?

kristyl74
Participator
Participator

Re: Online EYLF Tools 0.0.2 - Programming and Planning Tools

Post by kristyl74 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:02 pm

I am so proud to say I have my first completed plan up on my wall at work :)) cant thank you enough LA... :-)))))))))))))))

I was just wondering if I could put in a request for your 0.0.3 release (im pushing it arent i) that there is an oshc version of the learning story and observation.. I personally would keep everything the same just alter the few outcomes to reflect MTOP framework.

Thanks again LA x

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:30 pm

I was just wondering if I could put in a request for your 0.0.3 release (im pushing it arent i) that there is an oshc version of the learning story and observation.. I personally would keep everything the same just alter the few outcomes to reflect MTOP framework.

Noted - will be included in the next release.

fran s

Post by fran s » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:18 pm

just wondering if there is a FDC version of the learning story. The rest seems great. Thanks

KatG73

Post by KatG73 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:03 am

hi l.a, One of our educators just spotted a small typo in the curriculum plan templates. The "Intentional Teaching" inside the Input Key box at the bottom of the templates are misspelled. Its missing a 'n'. Just thought I will bring this to your attention. Thanks.

admin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by admin » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:24 am

Hi KatG73...Thanks for letting us know. I will fix the typo now.
by fran s » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:18 pm
just wondering if there is a FDC version of the learning story. The rest seems great. Thanks
The FDC version is added to some documentations so when this button is clicked, it removes the "Educators" and "Room" fields. However for the Learning Story, the required fields are different from the rest of the documentations and we thought the same version of Learning Story can be used for both Long daycare as well as Family daycare. Thats the reason why the FDC version was not added to the Learning Story since we didnt find a need for it. What changes do you want for the FDC version of Learning story?

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:47 am

Hi admin

Names of the children in the group LS and date of Birth be good for the group LS too.

admin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by admin » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:57 am

Hi Lindy, I am thinking how you would add the names of all children and D.O.B when its a group LS? Wouldn't you then need more space on the form to add more names and DOB for each children in that group? Any ideas so i can understand?

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:23 pm

I'm our scheme it is something that's looked for.
I use a lot of the space in the LS to put names and DOBs which ends up with a tiny font to get the LS in. The other alternative is multiple Learning stories that need to be done which generates a lot of paperwork..