Online EYLF Tools

Support forum for feature requests and for troubleshooting issues when opening or downloading EYLF templates that are listed under the Templates section of this website
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
grandma
Participator
Participator

Re: Online EYLF Tools 0.0.1 Released!

Post by grandma » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:42 pm

thanks LA
the only thing I would like to remove is the headings ROOM and EDCATORS as there is only one of us with no" room" options!!

As everything else is so great I am not too worried so if no one else asks I will just leave it as is
Hope you are feeling better( just read where you were unwell)
Cheers
Grandma

thubten_399

LEARNING OUTCOME CODES

Post by thubten_399 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:00 pm

Hello every one. We have been implementing the "Our Curriculum Plan","Reflections of Our Day" etc. sheets I found on this site at our centre. I have a question to verify regarding the Learning Outcome codes used in the samples. For example, under L/o the following codes are used - 1.2, 4.2 etc. I know that the first number relates to the outcome but need verification that the second number relates to the sub sections of these outcomes. for example: 2.2 means outcome 2 (children are connected with & contribute to their world) & .2 means children respond to diversity with respect. I'm sure I have it right but just want to verify. Many thanks :thumbup:

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Re: LEARNING OUTCOME CODES

Post by catchmeifucan » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:08 pm

thubten_399 wrote:Hello every one. We have been implementing the "Our Curriculum Plan","Reflections of Our Day" etc. sheets I found on this site at our centre. I have a question to verify regarding the Learning Outcome codes used in the samples. For example, under L/o the following codes are used - 1.2, 4.2 etc. I know that the first number relates to the outcome but need verification that the second number relates to the sub sections of these outcomes. for example: 2.2 means outcome 2 (children are connected with & contribute to their world) & .2 means children respond to diversity with respect. I'm sure I have it right but just want to verify. Many thanks :thumbup:
yes you are right. the numbers relate to both the learning outcomes and the sub learning outcomes like you mentioned.

thubten_399

Post by thubten_399 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:12 pm

Thankyou catchmeifucan. Appreciate it. :)

oziwi

Post by oziwi » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:24 pm

This is a fantastic tool to use, and I just want to say thankyou for taking a load off my shoulder. I work at an OSHC in Darwin and can't wait for our version. Keep up the great work...love this site

kristyl74
Participator
Participator

Post by kristyl74 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:11 pm

High 5 to another oshc worker Oziwi :-))

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:08 pm

Hi Grandma,
the only thing I would like to remove is the headings ROOM and EDCATORS as there is only one of us with no" room" options!!

No problem... I get what you are saying. I will look into it and see if we can come up with something for the next release.

Hi Kristy,
sorry LA ive been no help at all

Thanks for your input! Yes, you have been a great deal of help... you want something that is simple to use with far less paperwork and to include lots of spontaneous experiences onto it... Got ya...I'll let you know what I come up with in due course!

Hi Oziwi,
This is a fantastic tool to use, and I just want to say thankyou for taking a load off my shoulder.

I'm happy to hear that the online tools are helping you out! Thanks heaps for your comments! :thumbup:

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

darmodina
Participator
Participator

Post by darmodina » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:07 am

Hi LA,
Thanks for all the effort you've done for us to make our work much easier and conprehensable of the EYLF Tools on line. I really would like to ask you if could edit the Reflection of the Day because I usually used Weekly Curriculum Plan and so i reflect it every end of the week. I tried to edit the Reflection of the Day but it was locked. Please help me becuase i'm using "Reflection of the Week"
Also LA, i shared your website to my daughter-in law in Philippines who is a Preschool Montessori Teacher. She shared it with her colleagues and they like it, very useful especially the hint in Parenting, Managing Behaviour, etc. She was so pleased that she has some resources for her room setting.
Thanks,
Daisy

emilysnan

Post by emilysnan » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:52 am

I love the online tools,just changed internet provider,I can now watch the short videos, so much easier to understand now,2 questions please, Do the tools have a spell check button and I notice on the formats there is no where to document language activites or what was done in group time,I will now make a donation,Thank You for what you have done and shared with us so freely

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:55 pm

Hi Daisy,

Thanks for your feedback!
I really would like to ask you if could edit the Reflection of the Day because I usually used Weekly Curriculum Plan and so i reflect it every end of the week.

You won't be able to edit any of our online tools but thanks for your suggestion. We could add another document for you to use called "Reflection of The week" if its required... Just a question how do you evaluate the experiences on your curriculum plan? You do it at the end of the week? How do you document the learning experiences that take place during the day? I'm just surprised to hear that you are doing a weekly reflection. I'm using a weekly curriculum plan however I still do a "Reflection of The Day" each day...
Also LA, I shared your website to my daughter-in law in Philippines who is a Preschool Montessori Teacher

Thanks so much for supporting this site and spreading the word of AussieChildcareNetwork... Word of mouth is very important for us! Thanks for sharing!!

Hi Emilysnan,

I'm happy to hear that the videos are making it easier for you to understand how to use the online tools!
Do the tools have a spell check button

Since the online tools documentation open up in a pdf document, the spell check is part of adobe pdf reader so yes it is available. I just did a quick check and it does work.
I notice on the formats there is no where to document language activities or what was done in group time

When using the learning outcome based curriculum plan then the language activities will fall under learning outcome 5, if you are using the play based learning curriculum plan then you could add the language activities to exploratory play.
I will now make a donation

Thank you so much for your kind generosity...We really appreciate you supporting this site!

L.A

jankk61

Post by jankk61 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:07 pm

I love the online EYLF tools and enjoy using them it makes my job so much easier.The leaning stories are my favorite and it is so easy to add the photos.
thank you for putting together such a great program.
Jan :lol:

Sonja

Post by Sonja » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:17 pm

Hi L.A.
We are currently in the process of trialling the on-line tools at work and all the girls are sooo excited! I just have a few questions: Is there an option to change the font size? Also, due to the number of children in the rooms, we can have up to 5 educators in the room on certain days (due to additional needs staff) and we are unable to fit all their names in the space provided. Is there an option to increase this space?
Hope you can shed some light on this for us. Thanks.

Cheers, Sonja

Sonja

Post by Sonja » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:31 pm

Hi L.A,
Sorry to be a pain! Just another quick question: We have added the on-line tools page to our favourites, however is there an option to pin a short-cut to the desktop or task bar of the computer? Just looking at quicker options in our time strapped day!
Thanks again!
Sonja

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:40 pm

I have the page saved on my desktop

File

Save As

Down where is says "format" I use

Web Archive

and chose

desktop

as the place to save it.

Hope this is of use to you

Alisona

Post by Alisona » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:39 pm

Hi L.A
I think the online EYLF tools are amazing. Unfortunately, I'm finding it hard to use the curriculum plan as I don't program using either of the formats. I have been in the industry for over 20 years and have always used a play-based curriculum, but have planned in interest areas such as creative (including collage, painting, drawing etc), construction (blocks, box construction etc), home corner (role play etc), writing area (library, paper, pencils, envelopes etc) and others as required. I have made the change from focusing on developmental areas to using the EYLF outcomes, but I feel changing the way I program is a bit too difficult. I have tried to program a week using your play-based tool, but can't seem to work out where to fit everything I already do. Is there any chance the tool can be modified so that it would be possible to type different headings replacing your headings of Sensory, Exploratory etc. If so, I think it would be more user friendly for me.

Al

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:14 pm

Hi Everyone,
by jankk61:
The leaning stories are my favourite and it is so easy to add the photos.

Yeah I have to agree that the learning stories are my fave too!! I redesigned the reflections of our day because I liked the learning stories design so much... especially incorporating the photos into both documents!
by Sonja:
Is there an option to change the font size?

With the font size, its usually the default size that we set up in form scripts itself. So, the users will only have the font size that is already preset. This is one of the limitations of it... But you can add some font styles like bold, italics underline etc by selecting the word, right click the mouse, go to text style and then chose it. If you all think we need a bigger font size I may increase it to one or two pixels bigger in the original template itself.

Here is an important note about font sizes: You have to remember that with pdf documents the font size is very closely related to your paper size or your screen zoom-in size. For instance if you are way zoomed out while completing the fields you are going to notice that the fonts are too small. so make sure that you use the zoom in / out feature. Also, instead of using A4, try using a bigger paper size like A3 or more which will also increase the size of the fonts and the other elements. Try printing it out so you can see how they appear..

Do you find that even when you are printing the documentation out the font size is still small? Have you tried printing it out on bigger than A4 paper?
by Sonja:
Also, due to the number of children in the rooms, we can have up to 5 educators in the room on certain days (due to additional needs staff) and we are unable to fit all their names in the space provided. Is there an option to increase this space?

Good Point... hmmmm...I will add to my to-do list. something to think about.
by Sonja:
Is there an option to pin a short-cut to the desktop or task bar of the computer?

Yeah that’s a good idea to pin it to your desktop because you can easily access the online tools from your desktop, Lindy’s idea is probably the easiest and there is also another way to do it.. I'll give you the instructions here:

How To Create A Desktop Shortcut To Online Tools

1. Go to your desktop and right click your mouse. Select new, then shortcut
2. When you click shortcut , a new pop up window will open, and here copy and paste this url under "Type the Location of the item"

Code: Select all

http://www.AussieChildcareNetwork.com/online_tools/
3. Click next
4. Type in the name of the shortcut e.g. Online EYLF Tools or whatever you want,
5 Click finish and VOILA you have created a shortcut to your desktop itself.
By Alisona:
Is there any chance the tool can be modified so that it would be possible to type different headings replacing your headings of Sensory, Exploratory etc. If so, I think it would be more user friendly for me.
If you aren't familiar with the headings it may take some time to work out where to put experiences/ activities. I'm pretty sure that you should be able to fit the different play areas into the heading for example: creative play (art n craft), dramatic play (home corner), exploratory play (construction), manipulative play (writing centre/library area) and sensory play (sand & water play). Obviously this is not an exact interpretation of the play based learning approach with the different play areas but you can get an idea of how you can incorporate it together.
By Alisona:
I have tried to program a week using your play-based tool, but can't seem to work out where to fit everything I already do.
would you be able to post a sample so I can see where you're having trouble?

L.A[/color]

An Educator
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Post by An Educator » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:48 pm

Dear LA and other team members of Aussie Childcare net work,
You guys are life savers. Just like the many others who have mentioned, I am also so excited and look forward to start using your online EYLF tools. Other people who offer this are too pricey. I work as a family day care educator, and shared your great site with my coordinator and other educators who are interested. You have made my life so easy. I am truly grateful!
THANK YOU :clap:

darmodina
Participator
Participator

Post by darmodina » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:30 pm

Hi LA,
Many thanks if i could get the Refelction of the Week Template.
In reply to your question, I normally evaluate the experiences that occured daily. It is like i am doing the daily evaluation. For example; Monday- Today J and K initiated the play of the people in our community. J dress-up as an Engineer and K as a Teacher. Other children joined the played and conversations took place, by exchanging ideas and telling about their work. Their play conveys conversations and social language. ........ etc, also i write the spontaneous activity of the day and sometimes it continued on the next day. then Tuesday-- ............. etc, until Friday. I also write the learning outcomes that links to it. Any follow-up for the next day/week is to be continued.
Since i used your old template, i just changed the daily to weekly reflections and attached photos with it, so not so much writing. My team did very well of your templates and one of the Consultant in Childcare Centre visited us and very impress of our programming and Reflections as she had a good looked of it, then she wrote comments on my Prents suggestions of her positive and motiviting comments. I owe it from you and your team. I used lots of photos to my focus children and to my evaluation. The school agreed to pay our photos taken in relations to our "Documentations" of EYLF.
Thank you so much.
Daisy

shez65

Post by shez65 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:39 am

I love the new online EYLF tool, but I do alot of my day care Obs on a Ipad and its has the latest Adobe, but it can't read the PDF. Has any body got any ideas to getting this programme to work on the ipad.

Sonja

Post by Sonja » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:16 pm

Thanks Lindy and L.A.! The On-line Tools are now pinned to the desktop!
Cheers, Sonja