Match the EYLF Practice with the example from a children’s service.

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
kelly30888

Post by kelly30888 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:53 pm

Hello,

I am a little unsure if I have labeled these correctly. If I haven't got them all right could some one please send me a link to the page where I could find this information? Or even if you could tell me what ones are wrong. That would be great.

a. The Educators in the preschool room have developed a calendar of events based on a variety of cultural practices found within the service and around the world. This will be used to develop children’s knowledge of different cultures and promote positive attitudes to culture. Cultural competence

b. Educators observe, gather and analyse information as evidence about what children know, can do and understand in order to facilitate ongoing learning. Assessment for learning

c. Jeremy, Ewan’s dad approached John, the Educator at Blue Bay Early Learning Centre and expressed his concern that Ewan wasn’t learning anything because all he does is play all day. Jeremy discussed the importance of children’s play for their development and learning. He later reflected that he would take more effort to make children’s learning through play visible for families. Planning and implementing learning through play

d. When beginning care at Blue Bay Early Learning Centre families attend a number of orientation sessions as well as an interview with their child’s primary Educator so that they can share detailed information about their child with the service to ensure a smooth transition into care. Learning environments

e. Educators gather information about children’s families and their backgrounds, interests and family activities so that they can gain a better understanding of the context of each child as a unique individual. Applying holistic approaches

f. The toddler room at Blue Bay Early Learning Centre is set up to include spaces for children to be alone, to work in small groups as well as engage in large group experiences. Learning areas have been developed to be flexible and responsive to children’s interests, offering open-ended and age-appropriate resources that promote children’s imagination and curiosity. There is a strong sense of community within the room with photos of children and families visible within each learning area. Being responsive to children

g. Beth knows that for many of the babies in her care, they are beginning to explore and understand object permanence. With this is mind, she has set up a number of resources including boxes, fabric and toys for children to play hide and seek with. During transitions they are also exploring hide and seek opportunities through the song “Where oh where oh where is …?” Intentional teaching

h. Anita likes to make the nappy change routine a time for building relationships and having fun with her 1 year olds. She sings songs and talks with the children about anything they show interest in. She pays particular attention to the non-verbal cues they give to indicate their interests and ideas. n Continuity of learning and transitions