CHCCN302A - Regulations for Hygiene/Toileting/Food & Clothing

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
castaway

CHCCN302A - Regulations for Hygiene/Toileting/Food & Clothing

Post by castaway » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:18 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCCN302A
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Element 1 - Provide Physical Care
Task 1

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I have been on the acecqa website and have got the regulations for Rest, Hygiene/Toileting and Food but I'm not seeing a regulation for clothing.

Description and Message:
Can someone please tell me where to find the regulation/law act information in regards to clothing please.

Also while I'm asking questions, with the hygiene/toileting topic, that would mean just hygiene in toileting situations not hygiene throughout the whole centre wouldn't it?

Thank you :)
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Certificate 3 in childrens services

Post by Lorina » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:41 pm

In the National Regulations the only details I could find on clothing is:
The approved provider of an education and care service must ensure that the service has

(a) laundry facilities or access to laundry facilities; or
(b) other arrangements for dealing with soiled clothing, nappies and linen, including hygienic facilities for storage prior to their disposal or laundering—
that are adequate and appropriate for the needs of the service.
(2) The approved provider of the service must ensure that laundry and hygienic facilities are located and maintained in a way that does not pose a risk to children.

Also I was just thinking that in regards to sun safety many centres include in their sun safety policy that children shouldn't wear sleeveless tops as it causes a risk to sun burn. I'm not sure if you can include this in your response as well.

I'm not too sure about the second question as I don't have the question...but with hygiene it may be through the whole centre such as before and after eating, when blowing nose, after coughing and sneezing etc.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

castaway

Re: Certificate 3 in childrens services

Post by castaway » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:11 pm

Thank you for the reply. That was all I could find also, but I have just this morning found this regulation:

168 Education and care service must have policies and procedures
. (1) The approved provider of an education and care service must ensure that the service has in place policies and procedures in relation to the matters set out in sub regulation (2).

And one of the 'matters' set out in the sub regulations is about the centre having policies and procedures on sun protection, so I think that might be what I have to put in the table.
I'll type the question below so that might help with the other question.

Task 1:
You are an assistant in a long day care service and a new staff member has just started. You need to research the following areas and record in dot point form all the information they need to know about these subject areas, in order to do their job correctly.
Use the table format suggested below and provide one page of information per topic (total 4 pages).
Rest
Hygiene / toileting
Food
Clothing

The table has three sections to fill in; Policy information, National Education and Care Regulations/Law Act information & Quality Area Indicators.
Policy information on clothing was easy as I am working at a kindergarten so I used their policies.
Still a bit confused about the hygiene / toileting, I presume they mean hygiene in toileting situations. Our kindy has a Toileting and Nappy Change policy.

Thank you again for replying :)

Lorina

Re: CHCCN302A - Regulations for Hygiene/Toileting/Food & Clothing

Post by Lorina » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:09 pm

Yeah it seems like you're on the right track...

I'd have a look at your kindy's policy and procedures manual and see what other policies you can find. Some of them can include:

- Cleaning
- Dental and Oral Health
- Infection Control
- Nappy Changing/Toileting
- Rest and Respite
- Sun Care
- Nutrition

:geek:,
L.A

castaway

Re: CHCCN302A - Regulations for Hygiene/Toileting/Food & Clothing

Post by castaway » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:37 pm