CHCCN302A provide care for children

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
LilSchutze

CHCCN302A provide care for children

Post by LilSchutze » Mon May 21, 2012 9:40 pm

Element 2: Create opportunities for children to develop their understanding of physical needs

Suggest the ways in which self help skills can be encouraged in the following situations;

Situation Age 0-2 years - Strategies to support the development of self help skills

(Packing away indoors/Outdoors) my response - Leading by example

Meal Times

Toileting

Preparation to transition from indoors to outdoors

Am i kind of heading in the right direction?

Can anyone shed some light please??? THank you ladies!!

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Re: CHCCN302A provide care for children

Post by cathiek » Tue May 22, 2012 11:56 am

HI there
For things like meal times I would provide props in the home corner like a washing up bowl, cutlery etc so the children can play at washing up after meal times, preparing play food etc. that could be a good lead-in to doing it for real. Also providing cooking experiences the chn can help with.
Hope this is of help.
Your idea for packing away is good - also by supporting & praising what they do right here will support the development of these skills.
Cathie

LilSchutze

Re: CHCCN302A provide care for children

Post by LilSchutze » Tue May 22, 2012 3:10 pm

Thank you Cathie!!!