HLTWHS300A- Cultural,Historical, Access + Equity issues you may be confronted with in working with Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander people

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Rosee

HLTWHS300A- Cultural,Historical, Access + Equity issues you may be confronted with in working with Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander people

Post by Rosee » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:45 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: HLTWHS300A
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
For the community services sector in which you intend to work (Children's Services) describe some of the cultural, historical, access and equity issues which you might be confronted with. Explain how you couldd deal with these issues and how you would ensure that the rights of diverse people and their communities can be upheld.

Utilise workplace examples to support and explain your responses and provide where possible evidence that shows the steps you have taken (or will take) in a workplace to address such issues.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
None

Description and Message:
I am having so much trouble with this question, it is the last one to complete this unit. I have googled endlessly and read heaps of information but have gotten no where. I am guessing some issues would include language barriers, diet, customs/beliefs but am completely out in left field with this one. I would greatly appreciate any pointers to get me in the right direction. Thank you