Online EYLF Tools

Support forum for feature requests and for troubleshooting issues when opening or downloading EYLF templates that are listed under the Templates section of this website
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Lorina

Re: Online EYLF Tools 0.0.4 - Support Forum!

Post by Lorina » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:45 pm

Thank you Kate. You are right. I just tested these out and it appears that the weekly curriculum plans (both play based and learning outcomes based) for FDC version and LDC versions are having this problem. Have opened a report for this bug fix and we'll update here once it's fixed. Thanks for letting us know.

Cheers :geek:,
L.A.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:45 am

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick one... A few users agree that portfolio templates will be useful. I thought that this would be a good inclusion to the online tools. So far, I was thinking of creating the following templates:

At the moment I’m thinking of adding:

- Learning Stories templates (which are already available)

- Observations (which are already available)

- Work Sample Templates (linking to the EYLF, briefly describes the work sample etc).

- Photo Templates (here you can add photos, link to the EYLF, add description to the photo etc).

- All About Me (templates describing child’s interests, routines, family, birthday celebrations, special events etc).

Now I’m not too sure of the design on the templates on how exactly I will be creating them but I think if we add a portfolio section to the Online Tools which includes templates that can be filled in and printed then added to a folder then it will be so much easier for portfolios to be completed. The templates are going to be linked with the EYLF as well as Belonging, Being and Becoming.

For further information and to add to this discussion on portfolio's please use the following topic:
Portfolios In Childcare - Open Discussion

L.A

Lorina

Re: LDC & FDC Weekly Curriculum Plan Templates updated!

Post by Lorina » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:17 pm

KatG73 wrote:Hi L.A,

Love the update in these tools. The simplified version for LDC format is a lot useful. I just have 1 problem with the Weekly Curriculum Plan based on Learning Outcomes style. In this template, when new rows are added for each day and if the added rows are deleted later, the first row gets deleted instead of deleting the added row. Let me give you an example so you can understand better:

Let say I clicked on "Add Row" button for Monday and I added 1 additional row for this day. Later, after typing in Row 1, I decided that I wont need the Row 2 anymore for this day. So when I clicked on the "x" button next to Row 2, instead of deleting the second row, it deletes the first row!

Hope this makes sense!

I tried out the daily curriculum template and the delete button in that template works fine. The daily templates deletes the rows which I choose to delete and not the first row. This problem only happens in the weekly plan that I am using. Can this be fixed or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.
kate.
The above issue is now fixed! I have updated the "Delete Row" button's javascript so it deletes the button's corresponding row instead of deleting the default first row.

The following Online Tools templates are now updated:

1) FDC Learning Outcomes Based Weekly Curriculum Plans
2) FDC Play Based Learning Weekly Curriculum Plans
3) LDC Learning Outcomes Based Weekly Curriculum Plans
4) LDC Play Based Learning Weekly Curriculum Plans

Remember to discard the previous version and download the latest versions of these Weekly Curriculum Plan templates from here: Online EYLF Tools.

clarissa29

Re: EYLF PROGRAMMING AND PLANNING DOCUMENTATION

Post by clarissa29 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:43 pm

hi i am new to this but am having trouble accessing the OSHC reflection sheet download? any ideas?
Last edited by Lorina on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic has been moved from EYLF Programming and Planning forum

goretti6

Re: Online EYLF Tools - OSHC Documentations

Post by goretti6 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:51 pm

L.A wrote:Hey Everyone,

OSHC Documentations:

I know that those working in OOSH are eagerly awaiting documentation to use through online tools and I just wanted to let you know that I have started working on a template that you can use at your OOSH centre. I haven't worked in an OOSH for awhile now, so you will have to bear with me as I get my head around a few things… I do have some questions that I would like to ask those of you currently working in an OOSH setting…

1) Do you prefer having a weekly or daily curriculum plan?
(I would prefer a weekly curriculum plan)
2) What are the areas you have set up within your OOSH setting? For e.g. "Book Area, Quiet Space, Construction, Creative Play, Art N Craft" etc..( also computers,music,lego etc)
3) Do you have to do child observations?(Yes we have to do child observation)
4) With the "Input Keys" in other documentations from the online tools, which of those do you think won't be necessary?(Sorry havent had a loook as yet inorder to suggest)
5) Please provide brief details of the current program you are using now, so I can get an idea of what you are using.(We have afternoon tea and then the hildren have a choice to play outdoors with some sports organised each day or a paly of their choice and the rest go inside and play computer games, play the casio ,play with lego and blocks whilst the others do some art and craft )
6) If anybody would be able to upload a sample of your current program template it would be very helpful! (Don't worry, I'm not going to copy it's just so I can get a better idea).

By answering these questions, you will help me to understand what I need to include in the curriculum plan and will hopefully be able to put together a OOSH template for you.

L.A
Sorry for the late reply I was on an International Holiday and have just returned .

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:52 am

Hi Goretti6,

Thank you for getting back to me! I hope you enjoyed your holiday... I have actually already designed an OOSH curriculum plan for the Online Tools. You can check it out here:

EYLF Online Tools

I appreciate you getting back to my questions, so thanks again! :thumbup:

Hi Clarissa,

I am providing you with a link the the Online Tools FAQ page. Please read the "Opening Form Issues & Troubleshoot Related" section and you should be able to resolve this problem with the information provided there. If you still are having problems, let us know and we will try to help you out.

Online Tools FAQ

:geek:,
L.A

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:23 am

With our next version of Online Tools release we will be including Portfolio Templates that can be directly edited similar to our current Online Tools templates.. A print-only PDF version of these templates will also be available which can be used to directly print out to manually complete it as well.

For more information on the Portfolio Templates check out the following link:

Portfolios In Childcare - Open Discussion

L.A

dulciean
Consultant
Consultant

Post by dulciean » Sun May 19, 2013 8:18 am

Help! I cannot open or access the templates on my desktop, ipad or laptop. Is there a nasty little bug in there somewhere? :?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun May 19, 2013 4:13 pm

Hi dulcien,

It's not a bug. Can you try downloading it first and then open it directly from your Adobe reader instead of opening it from your browser? Read these instructions: http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/o ... #GeneralQ2

Btw, it won't open in iPads or mobile devices. Works only in laptops or desktops using windows or Mac. More info:  http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/o ... ningFormQ5

L.A

dulciean
Consultant
Consultant

Post by dulciean » Sun May 19, 2013 7:50 pm

Hi LA Thank you for your help and patience there! I have read through the info and its likely to be problem with my Adobe plug in or some such thing. I will get to it! :thumbup:

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon May 20, 2013 5:22 am

no problems dulcien. Also try out from a different browser like firefox or internet explorer and see if it helps. I am guessing you are using safari.

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

L.A

Lorina

Re: Online EYLF Tools - Portfolio Samples!

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:05 am

Hey Everyone,

Here is a sneak peek of the Portfolio templates that we will be releasing in the near future. There is a total of 12 Portfolio templates all together and these will be available in the next version release of Online Tools. These templates can also be filled in directly from your computer (like our Online Tools templates).

1) All About My Child:

2) Art Work Sample:

3) Family Life:

4) Happy Birthday Portfolio:

5) Kids Say The Darndest Things:

6) My Footprints:

7) My Handprints:

8) Our Weekend Family Input:

9) Portfolio Coverpage:

10) Snapshots of Me (for Boys):

11) Snapshots of Me (for Girls):

12) Special Moments:

We hope you like these upcoming templates and find them useful.

L.A

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:46 am

The new templates look fantastic, I'm excited and can't wait to use them.
Thank you aussiechildcarenetwork.

premier54

Post by premier54 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:50 pm

love the new portfolio templates cant wait to use them great job

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Post by cathiek » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:53 pm

Looking good LA (as always) Ever so helpful so we are not all always reinventing the wheel.
Cathiek

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:04 pm

Hi Everyone,

Here is the feature lists that are currently planned to be released with the 0.1.0 version of Online Tools.

1) Premium templates for users in donators group.
2) Portfolio Templates - Available in both Printable Version & Online Tools Fillable Version. - New Templates!
3) Reflections Of The Week - New Template!
4) Ability to Add more photos to "Reflections Of Our Day" and "Learning Stories" templates. (Options to Add / Remove more photo on page 2) - New Feature!
5) Redesigned Online Tools Page – New!
6) Split Online Tools page to LDC, FDC, OOSH and Portfolio pages – New!
7) Fix the photo fields in Learning Story, Reflections of our day and Child Obs templates to automatically horizontal align and vertical align inserted images. - Bug Fix!
8) Update the FAQ.
9) Fix the typos in Learning Stories.
10) Add Group Learning Objective in Curriculum Plan. - New!
11) Change "Child Directed Obs" input key to "Focus Child" (For All Templates) - New!
12) Add to Curriculum Reflection Question: Was group learning outcome achieved, Y/N, how? (Curriculum Plans) - New!
13) Change Curriculum Reflection question to full page with more question rather than small box (Curriculum Plans) - New!
14) Add Name Of Experience Box to Learning Stories - New!
15) Advanced Download script to download templates - New!
16) Add Educator field for LDC and OOSH Learning Stories. - New!
17) Change "Learning Stories" heading to "Learning Story" (Learning Story templates) - Fix!
18) In Curriculum Plans add new textfield boxes for Group Time, Stories, Transitions / Routines, Special Events, Cultural Components.
19) Review the typos in Learning Outcomes (All Templates)

You can see the progress status in this post: Site Update - Online EYLF Tools - Progress Status for Next Release!

The post in the above link will be updated as we complete the various development stages. So you can refer to that post to get an idea on the current status of development.

L.A

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:24 pm

How exciting!

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:13 pm

Wow...l can't wait. The portfolio templates looks amazing and it will be a big hit! A very very useful one....

fdc1962

new to the forum

Post by fdc1962 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:49 am

hi im Di i saw your site a few days ago and love the site its going to help with my family day care business so much
this is my 15th year in my family day care business and i still love every day
im having problems down loading the learning story's i get a message saying
please wait
if this message is not eventually replaced by the proper content of the document your pdf view may not be able to display this type of document
i have down loaded adobe reader do i need another program
do i have to be a member for a while before downloading them
thanks for your help
Di

Lorina

Re: new to the forum

Post by Lorina » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:42 pm

fdc1962 wrote:hi im Di i saw your site a few days ago and love the site its going to help with my family day care business so much
this is my 15th year in my family day care business and i still love every day
im having problems down loading the learning story's i get a message saying
please wait
if this message is not eventually replaced by the proper content of the document your pdf view may not be able to display this type of document
i have down loaded adobe reader do i need another program
do i have to be a member for a while before downloading them
thanks for your help
Di

Hi Di,

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! :wave: Great to have you on board!

In regards to downloading the learning story, if the message above appears all you need to do is "right click" and select "save as". A pop up box will appear prompting you to select which folder to save the form in.

Hope this helps,

L.A