Online EYLF Tools

Support forum for feature requests and for troubleshooting issues when opening or downloading EYLF templates that are listed under the Templates section of this website
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Lorina

Re: Online EYLF Tools 0.0.3 - Support Forum

Post by Lorina » Thu May 31, 2012 12:33 pm

Hi Everyone,

NOTICE: ABOUT REFLECTIONS OF OUR DAY TEMPLATE

Just a quick one...

One of our users recently sent us an email addressing that when you open the "Reflection of our day" form only 3 sub learning outcomes appear in Learning Outcome 5. We just had a look and noticed that when these Reflections of our Day templates are opened, they are opening in "OOSH version" as default. Usually other templates opens in LDC format as default except for this template at the moment. Although it is not an error, I just thought I will address this so users remember to choose the right version when completing this form. So when opening "Reflections of our Day" template, remember to click on the relevant "Version Buttons" in the control panel at the bottom so the correct learning outcomes and headings are displayed. It's a simple solution until these forms are updated.

In the mean time we will update this form (probably by this weekend) so it opens in LDC format as default just like the other ones so there is no confusion. I will let you know when we have made the changes....

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

grandma
Participator
Participator

Post by grandma » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:23 pm

Could someone just update me on how to change font in daily reflections. I know I should know and I dont have time to read back over everything. I just want to add itallics to a couple of things.
Cheers
Grandma

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:18 pm

Hi Grandma,

Sorry it's taken awhile to get back to you... I've been sick over the past week...

Unfortunately with our online tools you don't have an option to change font or use italics. Using the control panel on the form, you can only change the font size using the increase/ decrease buttons.

Hopefully this answers your question,

L.A

grandma
Participator
Participator

Post by grandma » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:40 pm

thanks LA .No worries and I do hope you are feeling better now.

balae002

Post by balae002 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:55 pm

Hi,
I also love the online templates. I was just wondering if an offline version might become available at some stage in case our network is ever down or I use it in the room on my laptop. Technology is not the companies first priority at the moment.

I really appreciate all the effort you have gone to developing these templates. As soon as I'm more financial I will definately make a donation.

Please let me know about offline version.

Thanks
Andrea

Miss Kerry
Participator
Participator

Post by Miss Kerry » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:05 pm

balae002 wrote:Hi,
I also love the online templates. I was just wondering if an offline version might become available at some stage in case our network is ever down or I use it in the room on my laptop. Technology is not the companies first priority at the moment.
Andrea
Also have the same issue, however in FAQ's there was this suggestion..
Do I need to have an internet connection to access these file?
Yes, you do need to have an internet access to download (or) open these “Online EYLF Tools” from this site. If you don’t have internet access at work, then you can download this form beforehand and save a copy on your computer. You can later open this file and do the required editing. Once downloaded, you would not need the internet access to open it again. However, we DO NOT recommend using the downloaded copy all the time since we will be updating more features and security updates in the future. So it’s always best to download the latest version available from this site every time before you use these forms
So have saved a copy on a USB stick that we can then open on a computer at work :-), Hope that hepls.

debzo
Participator
Participator

Post by debzo » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:24 am

Hi

Your online tools look great and I would happily make a donation if I could actually download and use the templates. I have the latest version of Adobe and a techy partner and even he can't make them work. I have a Mac. Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

Deb :?:

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:29 am

Hi Deb,

I am a mac user too.
What browser are you using?

I had trouble initially getting the templates to work.
I found you may have to experiment with a few different browsers.
I use Safari successfully on my MAC

here is also a troubleshooting like that might help you
http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/o ... eshoot.php

Let me know if I can help further
Lindy

debzo
Participator
Participator

Post by debzo » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:43 am

safari

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:22 am

Your online tools look great and I would happily make a donation if I could actually download and use the templates. I have the latest version of Adobe and a techy partner and even he can't make them work. I have a Mac. Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted.
Hi Deb,

Sorry for the delay on my response. We have noticed that some Mac users experience some problems when using Safari. Try these out:

Solution 1 - Try from a different Browser: Download Firefox and see if you are able to use these forms from that browser.You can download the latest firefox from here: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Solution 2 - Open the form directly from your Adobe Reader instead of using the Safari plug-in: Download the Online Tools file, save it on your computer and double click this downloaded file by going to its location on your computer to open this form directly from your Adobe Reader. You can find more info here on how to download these forms and open them from Adobe Reader directly: http://www.AussieChildcareNetwork.com/o ... nload-pdfs

More Info on common problems can be found in the Online Tools FAQ page:
http://www.AussieChildcareNetwork.com/o ... ls_faq.php

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:29 pm

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to catch up with you all, now that you have almost a year to implement the “EYLF Online Tools” within your centre, how’s it all going? I do have few questions that I wanted to ask so I can get a better understanding on how the online tools is making your documentation easier to manage.

1) Have you found the online tools easy to implement at your centre?
2) Do the staff and parents, find the documentation easy to read/understand?
3) Is it easy for you to complete the documentation?
4) If your centre has been accredited, did the validators like the online tools documentation you are using?
5) If there are any changes to the online tools that you would like to make to the online tools, what are they?

I am currently in the process of re-designing the eylf online tools documentation, especially the curriculum plan formats. I’m not too sure which way to go about it at the moment but I do have some ideas in mind. I would like to make the curriculum plans more free flowing, rather than “boxed” however, I would still like to include the sub learning outcomes as well as input keys. I’m also thinking of adding theories from popular theorists within the context of the curriculum plan itself. Like I said, these are my ideas however I’m not too sure what the final outcome will be.

This is why I would like all of your input, from those of you using the online tools within your centre so I can re-assess and evaluate the design. I can add or remove what’s working or not working from the template itself. I believe that this is a great way we can collaborate and work together.

Feel free to let me know any suggestions, feedback, ideas that you may have for the EYLF online tools documentation.

L.A

admin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by admin » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:37 am

Reflections of Our Day template updated!

[Fixed] Fixed the typo in "Reflections of our day" template.

If you have saved the previous copy of Reflections of our Day template in your computer, remember to discard the old template version and download the new copy from here.

Lorina

Re: Online EYLF Tools 0.0.4 - Coming Soon!

Post by Lorina » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:59 am

Hi All,

Online EYLF Tools 0.0.4 coming soon!

We will be releasing an updated version of online tools over this weekend. We have re-designed the layout of the online tools page and you will be seeing some new updates and changes to the EYLF/FDC/OOSH documentations.

We will keep you posted in this topic, once it is released.

L.A

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Re: Online EYLF Tools 0.0.4 - Coming Soon!

Post by LindyT » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:31 am

Santa is coming early lol

Lorina

Re: Online EYLF Tools 0.0.4 - Released!

Post by Lorina » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:55 am

Hello Everyone,

We are pleased to announce the release of Online Tools 0.0.4. This version has some excited new changes along with more optimized version for Family Daycare template, Long Daycare Templates and OOSH Before & After School care templates. This version is a major release adding new features and updates. We urge you to download the updated Online Tools templates from here and please discard the previous version if you have them saved on your computer.

Complete list of changes: http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/s ... html#p8264

Read more about Online Tools: http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/o ... _tools.php

FAQs: http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/o ... ls_faq.php

TroubleShoot: http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/o ... eshoot.php

If you like Online Tools resources and our templates, we will be grateful for every way of supporting us: http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/donate/index.php

-> Click here to Enter Online Tools <-

SPECIAL OFFER FOR A LIMITED TIME: We are offering 10% discount on all personalized forms. So if you would like us to create a special customized online tools template that you like to use for your centre, contact Admin today! Create your own design of Curriculum Plan sheets, Learning Stories, Daily Diary, Day sheet for Parents and more...

More info: Personalized Online Tools Forms

I hope you like these changes! You can discuss this release, share your feedback or if you need any assistance, you may post your questions here.

L.A.

PS: Remember to refresh your browser if the page isint viewed properly at first. The new styles and scripts needs to be updated in your browser cache and clicking the refresh button once will fix it.

KatG73

Post by KatG73 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:45 pm

Wow l.a. Great changes! This new version is looking great. Job well done as always!
1) Have you found the online tools easy to implement at your centre?
2) Do the staff and parents, find the documentation easy to read/understand?
3) Is it easy for you to complete the documentation?
4) If your centre has been accredited, did the validators like the online tools documentation you are using?
5) If there are any changes to the online tools that you would like to make to the online tools, what are they?
1. Very easy! Eactly what I needed and your resources are truly god sent! I will never forget that.

2. Ever since we started using these tools, the standard of our paperwork has gone up and they are really eye appealing. I email these completed tools to parents and they love to see and read about what happened with their child that day. It has been nothing but positive feedback from all of them. My staffs too have got used to these forms now and they absolutely love them. I have set up a computer in each room so they can complete their paperwork. This online tool has really helped in saving time and in managing paperwork. So thank you.

3. Too easy... And it looks way better than my previous word template I've been using.

4. The validators were very impressed on how professional the documentations looked. They also liked how each experience in the curriculum plan was clearly linked to the learning outcomes as well as easily identifiable using the input keys. From what I could tell they were extremely happy with all the documentation we were using and when going through it all they were able to see clear links from obs, reflections of our day, curriculum plan and learning stories. Everything is in order and I don't have to worry!!

5. I actually love the way it is and each updates you do only surprises me more and it only keeps getting better. Just keep doing what you are doing and you can't go wrong.

Sorry for my late response for your above questions. I've been wanting to write to this for sometime but just got caught up with the end of the year arrangements. I had a very pleasant start this morning and seeing your new tools just made it better.

I will be making another donation now to support this site. I will continue to donate to this website since its an asset for educators like me!

kristyl74
Participator
Participator

Post by kristyl74 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:53 pm

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats alL i have to say as Im speechless - the oosh templates which I predominantly need look fantastic - im actually excited to start recording what I see without having to decipher through my chicken scratch I call writing lol LA thankyou so much

emilysnan

Post by emilysnan » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:13 am

Love your online tools made job easier have you thought of a newsletter template

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:45 am

Thanks Kate, Kristy and emilysnan for your feedback and your ongoing support regarding the online tools! I was getting worried that no one was ever going to reply! LOL… :giggle:

It’s just that we take so much time and effort to create these templates for users to use, when we ask questions to make these tools even better and no-one answers our queries although heaps of people are using these tools and resources, it becomes a little unclear if what we are creating are actually helping childcare settings or not!

From what I’ve read in your responses, what we are creating is actually working and making a difference in how each of you are documenting, so that makes me happy!

Love your online tools made job easier have you thought of a newsletter template

We are currently in the process of developing our Classroom management printables. In this we are creating room displays which you can add around your room that reflect EYLF or MTOP, Rewards & Certificates, Signs & Lables, Checklists, etc.. If you think having a newsletter template will be helpful, then I can maybe create one for that too and have a newsletter template in the future. There are a lot of ideas we are currently working on, which will all be released in the near future.

Hopefully early 2013 if everything goes well!

Thank you so much once again for your comments! If there is anything else you all like to see in our Online Tools or for Classroom Management printables, dont hesitate to let me know.

We really appreciate your support!

L.A

KatG73

Post by KatG73 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:10 pm

Hi L.A,

Love the update in these tools. The simplified version for LDC format is a lot useful. I just have 1 problem with the Weekly Curriculum Plan based on Learning Outcomes style. In this template, when new rows are added for each day and if the added rows are deleted later, the first row gets deleted instead of deleting the added row. Let me give you an example so you can understand better:

Let say I clicked on "Add Row" button for Monday and I added 1 additional row for this day. Later, after typing in Row 1, I decided that I wont need the Row 2 anymore for this day. So when I clicked on the "x" button next to Row 2, instead of deleting the second row, it deletes the first row!

Hope this makes sense!

I tried out the daily curriculum template and the delete button in that template works fine. The daily templates deletes the rows which I choose to delete and not the first row. This problem only happens in the weekly plan that I am using. Can this be fixed or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.
kate.