what NQS applies and what would you do about it ?

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
lolo
Participator
Participator

what NQS applies and what would you do about it ?

Post by lolo » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:27 am

i'm very lucky to become a member of this wonderful website and i hope to find my answer
because i've just started my diploma i found the assignement litle bit hard i appreciate any help
i have 10 question abou the NQS i will put some now and the rest after
just i need some explanation if possible .

What NQS standard applies and what would you do about it ?
1. the toilet has not been flushed
there is no soap or toilet paper supplied for children

2. A parent has lodged a complain with the DEECD that their baby has contracted a gasto infection three times in three weeks

3. you observed 3 staff member are standing in a corner of the yard talking and laughing for over 5 minutes . while approximately 18 children aged 2 to 4 years are playing in the yard .
one child is moving play equipment unnoticed into the pathway of the bike riding children .

a new group leader has been appointed to Amata an obroginal community in central Australia.
the new group leader is concerned with the children's language development in English and asks the abroginal assistants who work with her to speak only english with the childern .the local storiee and worn out hand made books of the children and assistants are replaced with glossy new books of Spot the dog and red riding hood .

i'm sorry for writing the whole questions but ifjust need some explanation and help to answer them thank you soooooooo much :giggle:

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: what NQS applies and what would you do about it ?

Post by fchaudari76 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:22 am

I think you need to have the unit code and title as your post heading according to the Forum Rules.

What do you understand from the questions? What do you think you would write as an answer? If you try and do it and post your answers we can go through them and then help you out more

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:28 am

Hi LoLo,

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network :wave: !

The new National Quality Standard will help services to provide the best possible level of early childhood education and care by being clear about the factors that best support a child’s development.

It will also give services and families confidence in understanding what distinguishes high quality or excellent services.

The new National Quality Standard is divided into seven areas that contribute to the quality of early childhood education and care. These areas have been identified by research and are:

-Educational program and practice
-Children’s health and safety
-Physical environment
-Staffing arrangements (including the number of staff looking after children)
-Relationships with children
-Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
-Leadership and service management

Under each of these areas more detail is provided about what a service can do to provide the highest quality early childhood education and care for a child.

I am providing you with a copy of the National Quality Standard which you can use to help you answer your questions. Just have a look at each of the principles and you should get an idea of where each of your questions fit.

[attachment=0]GuideNationalQualityStandard.pdf[/attachment]
For information about NQS just go to the DEEWR website...

Cheers :geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lolo
Participator
Participator

Post by lolo » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:53 pm

thank you fefe76 and L.A for your response i'm looking right now trough the quality standard i hope it wil help
thank you again

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:57 pm

Hi Lolo,

Can you give me the module number for this assignment so I can edit the topic heading.

Cheers :geek:,
L.A