What Is The EYLF Based On?

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Believe

What Is The EYLF Based On?

Post by Believe » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:43 pm

Hi
the question is What is the Framework based on? (ELYF)

What is the Framework based on? so far I have
:- the framework is based on research conducted to investigate aspects of the Early Childhood Education and care that are the most effective.

Am I on the right track? If so do you have any other information? OR am I totally mis-understanding the question?
thanks for your time
nicole

Lorina

Re: What Is The EYLF Based On?

Post by Lorina » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:21 am

Hi Nicole,

The EYLF Framework states (page 3):

It is based on the best available evidence and what is socially and culturally important. As such, some ideas will be consistent with some of your practices and knowledge, and some will be challenging, new and very particular to Australia. This provides excellent opportunities for all educators to build on their current knowledge and experience, so that their curriculum decision making (both intuitive and reflective judgements) are consistent with current thinking and expectations.

Ref: Educators Guide To The EYLF

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina