Self Reflections

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Mooakachelz

Self Reflections

Post by Mooakachelz » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:08 am

NEED TO SUBMIT ASSESSMENT VERY SOON SO PLEASE PLEASE HELP !!
THE QUESTION

SELF-REFLECTIONS

Keep a reflective journal while on vocational placement. A minimum of eight (8) reflections (entries) are expected. The intention is for you to gather insights that support and enrich your decision-making about what happens and why, and to reflect on what you might need to change or improve.

For this reason, each entry is not just a description of an event/experience, it may describe what was felt by the student and why; theoretical perspectives might be referred to; pedagogical practices might be critiqued, etc.

Using core professional documents:

Such as the ECA Code of Ethics and EYLF (principles and practices – pages 11-18) is expected, as they not only inform your professional practice, but also help you to reflect on what you have done well on vocational placement and what you still need to improve on.

Each entry should be dated.

TERM DEFINITION
Critical Reflection Critical reflection describes reflective practices that focus on implications for equity and social justice (Early Years Learning Framework, page 45)
Reflection Reflective practice is a form of ongoing learning that involves engaging with questions of philosophy, ethics and practice (Early Years Learning Framework, page 13)

Can someone give me exsapmle of how this should look please trying to get my head around how to write this up and what kind of thingS i could write about

This is one i have started to do, am i on the right track?
Reflection No.1
During my time in placement I have found my interaction and relationship with the children is forming, its great too see children are regnoising me as a face of the centre and I am beinning to know the children very well, however I haven’t been able to make that strong connection with some of the families of the room and some still wouldt know who I am and why I am there and abit hesinore to allow childr to be transfer over to be in morning drops off even thought the child knows me and comes to me for comfort and interaction during my time in the room, creating a trusted relationship with families and being in parthership helps me and their children form a better learning evnoirment following prinicples I’d like to work on parthnership with families and ensuring I respect family right to privacy and maintain conifidentaility at all times,
Linking my reflection to the mesosysterm by urie bronfenbrenner warmly welcome families, including extended families into the service and I can do this in many ways this also helps kids build a sense of belonging, I’d like to get to know more about the families creativing that trusted relationship which would help with children interest for me creating exeprinces and even connection out side of care events into their day at care.
I am improving this by taking the time to talk with families on arrive and explaining who I am and what I studying and tell them a little bit about me, although I have a poster on the room door induoring myself it may be a nice idea for me to do a little welcome letter for parent to induce who I am and what I am currently doing in the room.

Lorina

Re: Self Reflections

Post by Lorina » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:38 pm

Yes, you're on the right track with your response!

:geek:,
Lorina