Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
debeb

Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety

Post by debeb » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:44 pm

Hi
I have my Cert III in Early childhood Education and Care and now currently studying Diploma in Outside school hours care. I work in OOSH care at the moment. I am after some help with assignment questions.

Question
1. Consider your local community, identify a key organisation you could consult with to support the development of a culturally safe service for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.

My answer would be to invite some Aboriginal people into the centre and show the school children some aboriginal dance, learn the local language, or learn to dot paint. I am having trouble finding anyone in my area who would be willing to to do it. Can anyone please help me and am i on the right track in regards to my answer, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Deb