preparing a portfolio

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
mallissa
Participator
Participator

preparing a portfolio

Post by mallissa » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:34 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCIC501B-MANAGE CHILDREN'S SERVICES WORKPLACE PRACTICE TO ADDRESS REGULATIONS AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Prepare a portfolio to document key factors in managing an assessment and rating process.
MUST INCLUDE-
1. self assessment plan and quality improvement plan
2- list of resource contacts who can assist
3- letters to stakeholders to inform them of the assessment process and their role in the process
4- a format that examines the current practices in a prac service or workplace and measures against all national standards, with space allocated In the format for developing recommendations
5- self evaluation sheet that measures the workers own progress against the national standards
6- a list of records that are required in national quality standards; exceeds national standard, and excellent In all the standards in the workplace
7- a policy you have researched and developed and which is required in the standards
8- two records that are required by the standards which have been formatted to their needs
9- catalogue for storing resources and information
10- list of documents that are required by your preferred service type and the type of storage that best houses them
11- a continuous improvement plan
12- examples of two reports that have been written for the assessment committee and how they were actioned and implemented
13- the sequence of tasks that should occur when guiding a self evaluation process
14- a self study report based on one quality area or element that includes a continuous improvement plan.
PLEASE NOTE MUST INCLUDE MORE ITEMS THAN ABOVE THESE ARE THE NECESSARY REQUIREMENTS

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
1-done
2-done
3 NEED HELP ON THIS AS EVEN THE DIRECTOR DIDNT KNOW. IS THERE SOMEWHERE I CAN GET A TEMPLATE?
4-WHAT WOULD THIS BE ? IS THAT A QUALITY IMPROVEMENT PLAN OR SOMETHING ELSE
5- done for both assistant and qualified
6-WHICH RECORDS HAVE TO EXCEED EXPECTATION AND EXCELLENT IN THE WORKPLACE?
7-done
8- IS THIS JUST TWO POLICIES AND THEN SOURCING THEM AND CHANGING ANYTHING THAT NEEDS CHANGING?
9-WHAT IS THIS? DIRECTOR DIDNT KNOW EITHER
10-done
11-done
12-HOW WOULD I FIND THESE?
13- WOULD THIS BE THE QUALITY IMPROVEMENT PLAN PROCESS
14- done

*WHAT ELSE WOULD BE WORTH PUTTING INTO THE PORTFOLIO*

Description and Message:
hi guys I have been stuck on this one for months I have done as much as I can and have ideas which I have included above for the ones I am struggling with. could someone please point me in the right direction as to where I can find these. thank you in advance xx :thumbup:

Lorina

Re: preparing a portfolio

Post by Lorina » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:23 am

Ok here it goes found some info that may help:

3: http://files.acecqa.gov.au/files/Assess ... 130109.pdf
http://sielearning.tafensw.edu.au/MCS/C ... adings.doc
Get some ideas from here...

4: Yes QIP plan

6: http://acecqa.gov.au/national-quality-f ... y-standard
Have a look at each quality standard and list documents needed.

8: When looking at the standards have a look at the documents required and select 2 that the service may need to be changed.

9: http://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy03osti/33121.pdf (don't forget to add this site :giggle:)

13: Can be found here:
http://files.acecqa.gov.au/files/Assess ... 130109.pdf

Maybe you can also include: minutes of staff meetings when discussing assessment and ratings for the centre, include any NQS workshop training etc. not sure just throwing ideas out there. You will get some ideas when reading above documents...

:geek:,
L.A

mallissa
Participator
Participator

Post by mallissa » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:09 am

Hi LA
Thank you so much for your help, just a quick question regarding part 13. Just wanted to confirm would this be the assessment rating process or something else within the brochure as I'm not 100% what they are asking?

Thanks in advance :)

rsvnyn
Participator
Participator

Post by rsvnyn » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:37 pm

Hi

I am on this assignment....found all the relevant resources for all the parts except for part 12....could anyone help me out in this....if this is finished my diploma is finished.....any help greatly appreciated....thanx in advaance....

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:44 am

IM not sure but part 12 may have to do with the "Assessment and Rating Report". When being assessed and once your centre has received the outcome, the centre has 14 days to challenge it. I think that these g through to the assessment committee for review to try and change the outcome your centre isn't satisfied with. I haven't been able to find a sample or template for this but just seacg "assessment and rating report ACECQA" and see what information you can get...

Sorry, couldn't be of further help,

L.A

rsvnyn
Participator
Participator

Post by rsvnyn » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:53 pm

thanx for the help Lorina...sorry 4 d late reply...i m too much into this...just looking 4 d information all d time....still not able 2 work out...a bit stressed out!!!if i complete this part my diploma will be over...let me try!!!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:18 am

It's always the last question that causes the most confusion! :giggle:

That's the only type of reports I can think of that are presented to the assessment committee... hopefully you can figure it out!

L.A

taiganwood

Post by taiganwood » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:21 pm

I am stuck on 14 self study report based on one quality area and one element including continuous improvement plan I don't understand this and where I can find an example
thank you very much I have not got any information written down but I have done a self assessment on myself against all quality areas if this helps
thank you